• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1614 splatters

formanek

07.jpg Terrible splatter issues. Been on the phone with fellers tech and mutoh. Cleaned everything to their requests including the data strip and the encoder wheel. Squeegee is fine and operable. The drag marks in the low print head setting actually look like overspray to me. Doesn't matter what material I use either. Humidity is fine. Over 50%.:banghead:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did they tell you to look at the bottom of the head and clean anything that might be collecting there? It looks like ink is dropping from something and not from the heads. In that case it is usually lint, dust or hair allowing an "inkcicle" to form and cause the ink to drop off the head.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What about your cap top? Does it drain properly after a cleaning cycle or is there still ink sitting in it? Also check the spittoon sponge to the left of the capping and wiper area. Is it swelling up over it's holder where it might be barely touching the head as it goes by?

rjssigns

Did you swab the sides of the heads and surrounding area? Visual check for fuzz ain't gonna cut it. The only other thing is to remove the carts and shake gently for five seconds or so then replace. I had issues a couple times with what the tech termed and overpressure in the ink bladder. Sometimes I had to do it a couple times to get it to clear up.

formanek

What about your cap top? Does it drain properly after a cleaning cycle or is there still ink sitting in it? Also check the spittoon sponge to the left of the capping and wiper area. Is it swelling up over it's holder where it might be barely touching the head as it goes by?

Top cap good. Pulled the drain line to the waste tank and ran a cleaning and it ran out well. I pulled the spittoon sponge entirely to make sure it wasn't the issue. Still problems. Sounds like Fellers is sending a print head and a Bell and Howell tech. Needs my baby working.

formanek

Did you swab the sides of the heads and surrounding area? Visual check for fuzz ain't gonna cut it. The only other thing is to remove the carts and shake gently for five seconds or so then replace. I had issues a couple times with what the tech termed and overpressure in the ink bladder. Sometimes I had to do it a couple times to get it to clear up.

Remove the carts? The ink cartridges? I am lost.