• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1624 missing cyan

Bearded_Scholar

Everything that I print that should be blue is coming out purple. When I print a nozzle check it is missing one of the cyan sections. Everything else works great. I changed the maintenance station 2 weeks ago. I've done a lot of cleaning and I let the head soak on a lint free cloth that had been soaked with cleaning fluid multiple times. Could this be the printhead?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually a single missing channel will be a bad damper but it could mean the head is damaged as well. A good way to determine which one it is is to simply swap the damper positions, run a cleaning, and print a nozzle check. If another color can print through that channel, the issue is most likely a bad damper or an air leak somewhere along the cyan line. If another color cannot print in that channel, the head is most likely damaged internally. Also something quick you can check is if there is air in the line above the damper. If there is, that's a clear cut sign that there is an air leak and it's most likely the damper or the connection between the ink line and damper.

rjssigns

Head is smoked. Half a channel doesn't suddenly quit. Just went through it earlier this year only mine lost exactly half of the Yellow channel.

Fortunately VanderJ(see post above) with SoventInkJet can get you hooked up.;)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Head is smoked. Half a channel doesn't suddenly quit. Just went through it earlier this year only mine lost exactly half of the Yellow channel.

Fortunately VanderJ(see post above) with SoventInkJet can get you hooked up.;)
Thanks for the shout out! I do see a single channel go out on some machines where it's not the head sometimes but you're right that it is more rare. Usually it's on these dual channel damper machine where there might be a bad seal on on but not the other and it causes flow issues.