• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1Shot Poster Paint

schramm

Got a call today from someone that wanted to see if I wanted to buy there stock of 1shot poster paint (all new qts). They have 3 bright red and 3 black. I am use to using lettering enamel but from what I have read on Poster paint it is for making sign cards and painting on paper.

My question is can I use this on interior signs or on the back of glass that has been etched? The deal is kinda hard to pass up if I can at $5 per qt. I know that the sheen is flat but I am only worried about the bonding and not the sheen.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Although it's an oil based paint, it really is designed for show card, paper and temporary interior signs. The flatness of the paint makes it tough to get certain effects you can get with lettering 1-Shot. It certainly doesn't have the snap of the lettering enamels.

I never used it in place of lettering enamels. I wouldn't chance it on something supposed to be hand painted for longevity.

Check this out for yourself........... 1shot poster.jpg

Pat Whatley

If it's only $5 per quart you should buy it even if it's just to stick on the shelf until you find a use for it.

Steve C.

I used to use a lot of Poster Paint when I was working in the Display business.
It has a short shelf live unless you are willing to go thru your inventory and
shake and stir it periodically. It settles fast and hard. I've had to throw away
as much poster paint as I have used. I would not buy it unless you plan to
use it up quickly.

Perks

While filling in to letter a promotional sign on showroom windows at a car dealership, in a pinch I used some of that poster paint over a primer of glidden latex. Later on when in came time to change the ad, the sign guy this account belonged to had to remove my lettering and needless to say took him close to 3 hours, the whole time cursing my blunder.

Yeah, it sticks!

schramm

Thanks for the quick responses! I passed on it not only because of the shelf life but also because the colors are more milky then the enamels. He didn't have an answer on how long he had this stuff which is never good. Even at $5 a quart for me I think it would of just been a waste of money!