• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1st Design off, window perf challenge, Astours vs. Shovelhead

Which design is your favorite?

• Design #1

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Design #2

Votes: 164 94.8%

• Total voters

grafixemporium

Wow. Night and day from a design point of view. Nice job Shovel. I'm new here and I hardly know you guys, but I could tell right off that was your work.

Given the application, there are some obvious elements missing from design #2. If this is a back window without any other graphics on the vehicle, then it's a a no-brainer than it will need some basic contact info worked in there.

Regardless, #2 wins hands down.

Flame

#2 talked the customer into putting the phone number on the tailgate, forgot to mention that. :wink:

We'll go ahead and keep it up for the 3 days like originally mentioned. At first it seemed people were un-interested, but this could still go somewhere, so back to the plan, sorry for the deviation (sp?), keep the poll running until Thursday.

In the meantime, if SpeedMedia could please come up with a contest between myself and Day Sign, we can prepare for the next contest and be ready with it by the time this one ends.

JR's

# 2. I just love shovels work, there is no comparison with #1, no phone # thats what 411 is for if you make the name remembered thy have 411, phone book, web google, and or Friends, 2 shovels up for shovel.

Flame

2 designs only is kinda not very interesting,plus I actually have to work this week,soon as the Aleve starts working, weekends are better

So you passing for this week?

And this is a design off, 2 designs is about as interesting as it gets unless someone wants to throw in a spoiler or something.

k.a.s.

It's quite easy to critique after the fact,I'm sure the footprints weren't simply clipart(that I know of) Actually clipart shouldn't be allowed period for design work. If I were the customer, you can bet I would be P.O'd if artwork that I paid for utilized clipart. Not to discourage the use of it, but, no add agency in their right mind would utilize this method. So for future reference to contest's (if it happens) all images should be ones own.

So if I buy John Deatons CD's and use one of his trucks in a design thats wrong? Obvously clip art can be bad, but I would not agree that it is always wrong to use it in designs. I guess it depends on what your paying for the logo.

Kevin

KR3signguy

Why not have 10 designers at once?
I'd enjoy to see the variarion.

I'm leaning toward full original art only also.
I think this will best example the individuals true capability.

Flame

Ok, how about this? Get UP TO 10 designers together on one project. Nothing huge, just design, and they have to be able to have a design ready in 3 days, then 3-4 days of voting, then start over next week. So in the matter of 1 week we'll have a design off started and finished, and move onto the next one.

Good idea or bad?

weaselboogie

Ok, how about this? Get UP TO 10 designers together on one project. Nothing huge, just design, and they have to be able to have a design ready in 3 days, then 3-4 days of voting, then start over next week. So in the matter of 1 week we'll have a design off started and finished, and move onto the next one.

Good idea or bad?

10 might be excessive. How about 5?

KR3signguy

I'm not that great but you only get better by doing more. So count me in on the next one flame

It's about the process and understanding of varied directions one can take in their approach to a good layout, not so much about showing off, jump on in this round.
What's the finish date?
I'll need a few days to find the time to squeeze it in.