• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 sided static cling

grafXnj

i am not sure if i posted this in the correct area sorry, i have a client that needs approx 150 to start 6 x 9 static cling, normally my machine can handle but he is requesting double sided, thats where i am stuck at, i can not produce, or dont know if there is a way to produce that with my 4 color roland, so i am looking for advise, and also someone that is capable of producing these, the image is a sports drink and a players image whom is part of the company and just was a part of the winning superbowl team , the player has been doing numerous morning show interviews speaking about his contract / career and half the interview promoting this drink that is starting to get orders for stores, so i believe the 150 pc will run out soon and bigger orders will follow, we have run shirts and banners for there smaller promotions but the orders are starting to come in so i would rather find someone with the capability of future large quanities of these static clings

thank you

Malkin

If I had to produce them in house with out 4-color solvent machine, I would reverse print the image onto clear static cling, laminate over with a white vinyl (clear or white adhesive!) and then regular print on top.
You would have to carefully align the print and allow plenty of bleed in case of mis-registration. I would probably try to do it in multiple short runs.

Potential drawbacks to this method:
They would really only work well when applied with the clear static cling material touching the glass/surface. The vinyl side won't have that static surface.
Also there would be some color bleed through, most especally when there is a light source behind it. (like when viewing it from inside when it's sunny out)
Could be too labor intensive to be worth it/better to outsource, etc.

Sign Eagle

We have done double faced static cling a few times, usually small quantities. The 1st time we reverse printed on clear static cling then std. print on adhesive back vinyl that had clear adhesive, an then laminated the 2 together. The problem was if installed on a door facing outside, the white material was translucent, so when the sun shines on the door there was a shadow of the other image. The next time we printed the same way on the clear than laminated unprinted white to the back side of the clear static and printed the second image on vinyl with grey adhesive and laminated that to the white unprinted vinyl, a triple thick sheet. It was expensive, but it worked and the customer was happy.

Bill Modzel

It's fairly easy with an Edge print. Two colors, reverse image. Than white, silver, and white again. Than your two color right read print. Certainly more expensive than inkjet output.
If the quantity justified it, I'd screen print it the same way but 150 wouldn't be enough.

bigben

I've tried the print on clear and other later with white. The alignment was not 100% accurate. I would suggest a blackout material printed both side and use double sided vinyl as a laminate.