• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

20/20 color ink for roland

steiny

As with aqueous third party inks which are now readily accepted, the same is happening with eco solvent non-OEM inks as users who are out of warranty realize that significant savings are available to them on inks that are proven to work and carry some sort of warranty on the printhead. Numerous ink manufacturers' both domestic and abroad have engineered completely compatible inks and chips for Epson heads found in Mimaki's, Rolands and Mutohs with Mutoh ValueJet inks being the least successful due to security codes in the chips. Caution- I would not use non-OEM ink for any printer still under warranty.

To the best of my knowledge, 20/20 and 1110 inks are and were manufactured by Lyson, a reputable worldwide ink manufacturer. The ink is also available under the Lyson brand.

My experience with the 11/10 inks was for the most part positive, with the exception of the cartridge flags and the Mutoh chips... in other words, not many problems with the ink itself, just the containers! If Grimco has fixed the flags not deploying properly, they've fixed most of the problems.

Only one more word of caution - the ink is a bit more aggressive than some eco solvents, so it can gum up the line if you let the printer sit idle for more than a few weeks. It's usually recoverable, but you're going to waste some ink flushing the heads and some time cleaning out the lines manually (in extreme cases). If you're going to actually use the printer, you won't have problems.