• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

20/20 color ink for roland

signs2trade

I just received a call from Grimco stating they had a new ink (been tested for one year) for the roland printers. 20/20 color. The ink cost is 80.00 for a 440 cartridge compared to 118.00 Im paying now for roland ink. Im told that if I switch over to their inks my printer will have a new warranty for anything the ink touches....ie print heads etc. It's totally plug and print. No flushing. Im told if I switch to the new ink and the next day a head goes out it will be replaced at no charge. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of this ink......anyone heard of this ink?
Thank you
Keith

signs2trade

Attached is the warranty information and questionnaire on 2020 color. This ink will not only save you thousands of dollars over a years time but will also provide you a warranty on your printers. The warranty is so beneficial for someone out of warranty you will be covered if anything happens to your print heads or dampers etc. The conversion process is easy just fill out the attached questionnaire and email back to me, then I will enter an order for your first set of ink (50% off through Friday) when you receive the set of ink you will need to contact our technical support and they will walk you through some simple steps and have you sign the warranty documents, finally plug and play your ink.
Over the course of the year you will save on one set of ink per printer, $37.97 a cartridge - $227.82 per set – so $455.64 a month – and $5,467.68 a year. This is quite a savings. Let me know if you have any questions.

mshi

Basically it is the old Eleven Ten ink that Tekgraf lost and has now been renamed and re-distributed but same ink.

Nuagedesigns is correct. The problem with Eleven Ten inks were the smell, much stronger then OEm even with venting. They had a recall as well due to the plastic tab on the side of the cartridge sticking resulting intthe printer continuing to print even if one of the cartirdges were empty. I have seen more Mumaki users with the Eleven Ten than Roland. Price point in nice and the ink looks good.

mshi

Im told they have fixed the cartridges....not sure about the smell.......but the warranty sounds good.....

What concerns me is what happens if 20/20 company fails? I think the major distributors are crossing their fingers that nothing happens to their customers that they converted from Eleven Ten. I know some extremly happy Mumaki users that were disappointed but I would guess would just purchase 20/20 now. Hopefully some more Roland users will chime in and give their opinion.

ProColorGraphics

Who do we get in contact with if we want to try these inks? I still have a year left on my factory warranty on my VP-540, but I am still interested in the savings with this ink. The smell isn't that big of a deal if the ink is better and more durable. As long as the quality of the prints will be just as good.

gnemmas

I don't think the smart chip is there to protect our printer, rather to protect the pocket of the printer mfg. We've been using couple of third party ink for our Valuejet & Mimaki for over year, switching even without flushing on the mild solven inks. Just need to reprint the color chart.

The more people switch, the more pressure for the OEM to price their ink accordingly.

ProColorGraphics

It seems that Roland's prices keep going up and up. I guess if they stand up to their claimed warranty, it is worth the try. Like I said, my main thing is that the quality is just as good or better. If the ink is more durable, that is a big bonus as well.

I have always been interested in Triangle ink as well. Have heard a lot of good things about them. Especially now that they have cartridges. I don't go through enough yet to make the bulk system worth it.

JETBEST USA

Hey i45signs,
First of all, what is the name of this ink? Let me remind you that warranties come with hidden restrictions. Please be sure to check the fine print.
Here at JETBEST we cannot renew your warranty but guarantee you will not have any issues.
Our Inks are durable and the prices are as follows; $59.00 for a 440ml. Cartridge, $89.00 for a 1LTR. Bottle and $45.00 for a ½ LTR. Bottle for our bulk system.
For more information feel free to contact:
Angel Ochoa,
818-287-5899,
angel@jetbestusa.com

AllSquare Jason

Who do we get in contact with if we want to try these inks? I still have a year left on my factory warranty on my VP-540, but I am still interested in the savings with this ink. The smell isn't that big of a deal if the ink is better and more durable. As long as the quality of the prints will be just as good.

Please do not do this while under warranty.

If this stuff messes your printer up (it probably will at some point) then what? Empty carts sucking air, eating wipers, clogged dampers - I've even seen fuses and main boards blow from heads not firing. Grimco is not authorized or trained to work on Roland printers.

Grimco is a good company, but I have a feeling they are going to get more than they bargained for with this ink and Roland printers. I know for a fact this ink works much better in Mimaki than Roland....remember TEKGRAF was 20 miles from me - and I hired one of their sales guys last month. I will leave it at that.

OEM = NO PROBLEMS EVER with a dealer and manufacturer backing you.

Best of luck to whatever you choose, but a good sales rep can save you enough money on materials to offset the 'so called savings' of third party ink.

Jack Knight1979

Can't cover warranty, but guarantees no problems?

What happens if the printer fails? What are you guaranteeing?

LexJet offered Roland ink sets for a while. They covered warranty and guaranteed the ink. Unless you had a ink related problem. Then they didn't cover anything.

My printer failed HARD. They back-peddled up a mountain. Said the ink was fine, etc. Three months later they pull the ink from their line.

They said I was the only person with problems. Yeah right.

I'm sure FieldCenter has great ink. I've never used it, but have had good results in the 3rd party world.
I wanted to try FieldCenter, but they are too far away from me, so I went with a different vendor.

I've used AIT, LexJet (fail), Triangle and now Solaris from Fellers.

Of all these inks I really love Solaris. Honestly, just a good as OEM. Really.

cptcorn

adad
So many people worry about the adverse affects on their machines.

I'd be more worried about the end product warranty. I know 3M won't stand behind a graphic that used 3rd party inks, nor would I expect them to. The value of my work in my customer's hands far out weighs the value of my printer.

I just got my first set of 20/20 inks for our mutoh. I have not run out of oem ink yet, but I will soon. Than I can plug and play and give you guys a review.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps

If you are within you 1st year of warranty...using 3rd party inks cannot legally void the warranty unless they prove it was the inks that caused a problem. However...if you are within your "complimentary" 2nd year extenstion they offer...you can void your warranty, because it's offer is contingeant on you only using Roland's expensive inks. Don't think the 2nd year extension is manufacturer warranty, but seller warranty, may be mistaken, but if it's during the 1st year...you cannot legally lose your warranty just for switching inks. Coverage will still apply unless PROOF is established pointing to the 3rd party inks.