• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

20% Restocking Fee

Eforcer

This should be abolished. I received the wrong color, but I clicked on wrong type of film. So it's a split mistake but I have to still pay 20% on a $388 roll order? Been a client for over 15 years. I'm venting on principal. Cutting ties with them. This is same company having issues with HTV. I'm sure they are not going to feel the lost, but I'm cutting the umbilical cord and drifting away from vinyl and staying with our DTF system.

Thanks,

JBurton

Signtologist
That blows, afaik, none of my distributors burn me with restocking, unless it's a knock down kit, led sticks made to order, or something special order.
Who's the culprit here? Fellers?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Since you both made a mistake, it seems like the easy solution would be to just split the shipping cost on this order and return, and then start from scratch with a new order. As someone who used to sell a lot of vinyl, 20% is basically the margin. So they're basically trying to get double margin on a single roll simply because of a mistake. Throwing it back on the shelf isn't worth that!

JBurton

Signtologist
Wait, are we jumping the gun on the distributor here? Assuming he credited you 20% back on the wrong ink cart, it's all good, right...

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Not jumping the gun, but I have noticed that quite a few distributors are starting to add restocking fees..
And credit card processing fees and delivery fees on their free delivery and fuel surcharges and not stocking as much and charging for UPS on backorders. They can do what they want cuz they've been consolidated and you have very limited options. So suck it up buttercup, they don't care about loyalty or fair pricing or customer service, they generally don't have to anymore even though we do.

Eforcer

That blows, afaik, none of my distributors burn me with restocking, unless it's a knock down kit, led sticks made to order, or something special order.
Who's the culprit here? Fellers?
I won't throw them under the bus. But rhymes with halls

Eforcer

Since you both made a mistake, it seems like the easy solution would be to just split the shipping cost on this order and return, and then start from scratch with a new order. As someone who used to sell a lot of vinyl, 20% is basically the margin. So they're basically trying to get double margin on a single roll simply because of a mistake. Throwing it back on the shelf isn't worth that!
I am also a authorized ship center for Fedex. I have no problem absorbing the shipping cost. They should provide a min. charge not to exceed a base amount. I have no use for this roll. It's a F'ing shame that I have to pay 20% to send it back.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I'm not a fan of restock fees....but if it is something that doesn't really move, they are kind of necessary. On something that we move all the time, not a big deal...but if I bring in a special film or color or whatever and I only sell one or two rolls a year, that's a big deal.

As a distributor, maybe I can offer some unsolicited advice and make it a win-win....maybe agree to purchase a few things from this distributor you don't normally do in return for no restock fee...they get a few rolls they wouldn't have gotten and you get the material you were going to buy anyway (but from someone else).

Eforcer

I'm not a fan of restock fees....but if it is something that doesn't really move, they are kind of necessary. On something that we move all the time, not a big deal...but if I bring in a special film or color or whatever and I only sell one or two rolls a year, that's a big deal.

As a distributor, maybe I can offer some unsolicited advice and make it a win-win....maybe agree to purchase a few things from this distributor you don't normally do in return for no restock fee...they get a few rolls they wouldn't have gotten and you get the material you were going to buy anyway (but from someone else).
I met with a rep from this company at a show in Orlando. Loved his personality & thrive. I was a newbie and purchased film from my ink supplier. No brainer he saved me money. In all those years I have only purchased thermo film. In many colors. So I order film online. And always click in the same spot. Apparently, I should have looked closer. The position has been changed. My fault, still wrong color.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I met with a rep from this company at a show in Orlando. Loved his personality & thrive. I was a newbie and purchased film from my ink supplier. No brainer he saved me money. In all those years I have only purchased thermo film. In many colors. So I order film online. And always click in the same spot. Apparently, I should have looked closer. The position has been changed. My fault, still wrong color.
It is pretty short-sighted of your soon-to-be ex supplier to lose a customer over $75.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I applaud you for NOT mentioning their name.

:rock-n-roll: Why not mention what the product is and see if anyone here would like to buy it ?? Then at least you'll get paid for it and they'll still hafta credit you for sending you wrong stock.

Eforcer

I applaud you for NOT mentioning their name.

:rock-n-roll: Why not mention what the product is and see if anyone here would like to buy it ?? Then at least you'll get paid for it and they'll still hafta credit you for sending you wrong stock.
Thank you a man of "WISDOM" Gino... CAD-CUT® Thermo-GRIP® Heat Transfer Vinyl white <---Looks more like glow in the dark 25yards 20" core

victor bogdanov

I'm also facing a restocking fee problem with heat transfer vinyl but with no fault of my own.

Ordered from heattransferwarehouse, small roll $50 total with shipping.

Order is shipped with UPS surepost

UPS gets the package to USPS and USPS "attempts delivery" on Sunday at 7pm. (checked cameras and no attempt was made)

USPS initiates a return to sender instead of leaving a note or redelivery.

I contact heattransferwarehouse asking to resend the order, they reply they'll only resend if I pay for shipping and blame everything on me selecting "economy shipping".

I tell them the carrier they hired to deliver my order failed to deliver, please resend. They say only if I pay shipping again.

I said ok please refund since you are not able to deliver the order

heattransferwarehouse says we can't refund, only store credit minus a 15% restocking fee.

I file chargeback.

Pretty unbelievable IMO

while htw is not my primary htv supplier I have spend thousands with them. Now they lost a customer over a $50 order that would have cost them $6 to reship with UPS

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm also facing a restocking fee problem with heat transfer vinyl but with no fault of my own.

Ordered from heattransferwarehouse, small roll $50 total with shipping.

Order is shipped with UPS surepost

UPS gets the package to USPS and USPS "attempts delivery" on Sunday at 7pm. (checked cameras and no attempt was made)

USPS initiates a return to sender instead of leaving a note or redelivery.

I contact heattransferwarehouse asking to resend the order, they reply they'll only resend if I pay for shipping and blame everything on me selecting "economy shipping".

I tell them the carrier they hired to deliver my order failed to deliver, please resend. They say only if I pay shipping again.

I said ok please refund since you are not able to deliver the order

heattransferwarehouse says we can't refund, only store credit minus a 15% restocking fee.

I file chargeback.

Pretty unbelievable IMO

while htw is not my primary htv supplier I have spend thousands with them. Now they lost a customer over a $50 order that would have cost them $6 to reship with UPS
I used to do a lot of shipping. Do not use UPS sure post or anything where they handoff to USPS last mile. Pay the extra $1