• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2003 jv3-160s any good?

All,

I have zero experience with printing and would like to get into printing stickers for vehicles.

Is this printer any good? The seller says it was left in a shop they are renting I guess that may be an indication of something. Idk

Can anyone tell me how to test this before making the purchase. Worse case what would I spend to get it printing?

Thank you for your time.

rjssigns

Junk, on top of being nearly two decades old. Ink has most likely dried and ruined the head, lines, capping station, dampers and so on. Only value might be in the circuit boards, display etc...but that is questionable.

And printing is only a small part. You will also need a laminator and plotter. Can't forget the expense of software either.

Best bet is to get yourself set up as a legit business and buy from a place like Signs365.
You will find out in short order whether you have the talent and client base to support your dream.

Ok I will pass on this one.

I will not take out a loan to make stickers. I really do not have the client base to go that route. My client base will be a select group.

This would be something to do while at home waisting time.

I have plans to open a business one day. When I get to print decent enough I will start the business then. For now its much like yourself I assume. > practice first.

APCInk

Merchant Member
You would want a printer/ cutter or a printer and a cutter the JV3 is a printer only and yes it is 2 decades old and while good at the time it is junk by now. Wouldn't be worth moving it to anywhere but a dumpster. The CJV150-75 new runs $8,995.00 and can print and cut stickers.

Terry01

They are a robust printer but the downside of it sitting around is the heads will be dried up and blocked. Replacement heads (DX4 x4)will cost you over $2k if you are unable to clean and get the one fitted working.
Printheads, captops, pumps and scan motors are available. With no experience with printer, you are best st steer clear unless you want to pour cash into it. Ok if you get it for next to nothing.