• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2013 Camaro graphics (and others)

Trip59

At this point, I'm not yet investing in template libraries, as the main focus is fleet (from pickups and vans to tractor trailer graphics) I have a request for hood and door graphics, possibly some other areas, on a 2013 Camaro. This came from a visit to a friend's tint shop, and may lead to other similar jobs.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a quality source/supplier of ready to apply, vehicle specific graphics. Must be cast, must be a premium/quality brand other than Avery (I'm scared of them after reading so much bad press).

Price is less of an object than fit and quality. I refuse to do cheap work or use cheap materials, and if it costs me jobs, so be it, the other guys can get the $20 car decal gigs.

Any advice is appreciated.

Trip

HulkSmash

Avery makes the best solid vinyl. Super cast > Everything else.

Be scared all you want.. the stuff performs.

Where about in NE Florida are you.

Avery > Oracal = 3m for me as far as solid color wraps go for me.

I would rate 3m higher than oracal but I really hate if you pull it back up from a wrong angle and the glue sticks to the car and ruins that panel.

Just my opinions

Trip59

OK, ok, look, I'm just starting out and I've read more posts about Avery crapping out than the other premium brands. This concerned me and I didn't want jobs coming out of my shop within months of starting to have issues. I've been using Oracal and of every call I've made to corporate and reps for the big brands, they have been above and beyond the best, most friendly and most helpful.

Brand aside, I'm still looking for a recommendation of supplier for these, ready to go. Down the road I may or may not do them myself, but not in the timeframe this guy wants to get his car done.

As for where, I'm in Middleburg.

Trip

rjssigns

For the rare time I need pre-made kits I use Vinyl Graphics in Oostburg WI. Years back I used AAWI which is now Restylers Choice.

HulkSmash

OK, ok, look, I'm just starting out and I've read more posts about Avery crapping out than the other premium brands. This concerned me and I didn't want jobs coming out of my shop within months of starting to have issues. I've been using Oracal and of every call I've made to corporate and reps for the big brands, they have been above and beyond the best, most friendly and most helpful.

Brand aside, I'm still looking for a recommendation of supplier for these, ready to go. Down the road I may or may not do them myself, but not in the timeframe this guy wants to get his car done.

As for where, I'm in Middleburg.

Trip

Avery had a problem 7 years ago. Things change.

As for the material.. Any Sign supply. Try Grimco or fellers.

jfiscus

Rap Master
For ready to go kits, I've also always used Restylers Choice. The knifelss tape and Avery/3M solid color wrap film materials can work miracles also.