• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2024 Ford Superduty Door Rattling?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We just put some decals on a 2024 F550 and it has the new style door handles like the F150's have which we removed. It has 1 stud to loosen it that's sort of like a jack bolt and this spring loaded thing inside but there's no door linkage that you have to remove or door panel to take off to get this handle. The customer called this morning saying the doors are rattling inside and I'm somewhat lost as to what we could have done to cause it. Any ideas?

Stacey K

I like making signs
Good luck, sounds horrible. I lost the nut not long ago in the door of a Ford Explorer police vehicle. I had to bring it to the body shop and they took the panel off. Lots more wiring for sirens, etc. Was a nightmare for them.

Notarealsignguy

Tell 'em, it didn't rattle when you took it back & forth to work....... they musta done something to it.
That's usually my go to. Second is to blame the shop but that won't work since I was the moron who did it. Maybe some strategically placed duct tape will fix it up

Notarealsignguy

maybe something just didn't get tightened enough?
I'm thinking it came from the factory like that in all honesty, it came straight to us. These new Ford's are terrible, emblems installed crooked, doors don't line up, body lines mismatch. The radio doesn't work in it either.