• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

20th Anniversary Logo

Tim Aucoin

So, customer trying to save some $$ sent me their own "design" of their logo incorporated into a 20th Anniversary format. I have a couple formats, but I just don't know why this is so tough to come up with something. Their main logo is ROUND, so the design needs to work around that. Has anyone done something similar (with a round logo incorporated into a 20 year anniversary design? I'm kind of stuck with what to do. The creative juices are out of sugar LOL.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 10.33.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 10.33.27 AM.png
    342.2 KB · Views: 400
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 9.46.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 9.46.50 AM.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 357

TimToad

I'm not crazy about the choice of Algerian for the text but think the overall concept is quite good. I think the "20" would stand out better as a stand alone mark/icon and reflect the times more if you used a modern sans serif typeface like Futura, Frutiger, Gill Sans, etc. for the other text. It just has a dated look to it as is, which contradicts the whole idea of commemorating the accomplishment of the passing of 20 years.

Tim Aucoin

I'm not crazy about the choice of Algerian for the text but think the overall concept is quite good. I think the "20" would stand out better as a stand alone mark/icon and reflect the times more if you used a modern sans serif typeface like Futura, Frutiger, Gill Sans, etc. for the other text. It just has a dated look to it as is, which contradicts the whole idea of commemorating the accomplishment of the passing of 20 years.

I have tried talking them into changing the Algerian font for the last 4 years. They seem stuck on it for some reason. If I get enough "professional" opinions to this point, I will approach them again with the idea. I may just change it and show them... "get with the modern times" will me by approach LOL. I know these folks on a personal level, as I teach out of that shop, so I can be blunt with them.

bannertime

I agree with TimToad. We've been doing a standalone "seal" for the past few years. Brand the shop, ads, websites with them with great success. But the customer wants, what the customer wants.

Attachments

• 24th-Seal.jpg
    24th-Seal.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 277
  • BT23rd Seal.jpg
    BT23rd Seal.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 248

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
The logo get's used on a lot of smaller items, and on shirts & hats. I'm afraid the Anniversary portion would get lost and lose quality as it gets smaller!
Make the badge bigger?

If you're worried losing detail, you need to scrap your original idea.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 291

T_K

It looks like their logo has been the same for 20 years. Wow! It'd be great if they'd actually bring it into the new millennium while they're celebrating their milestone. I think I saw that graphic on the school computers in elementary school...