• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

24" or 36" Wide X 72" Tall Rigid Sign - Flatbed Printer Needed?

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Hello all! Is there a merchant member that can help me out?

I have a retail customer who wants a special type of display, and man are they being particular!

They have picked out the below stand and want a rigid sign to only be mounted from the bottom. Either 24" X 72" or 36" X 72". I can source through a few flatbed printers a ton of 1/8" rigid materials that would probably work for them, but this stand specifies 1/4" minimum thickness, and that would probably be best for something of this height to maintain "flatness".

They want to see a sample of one stand and sign, which is understandable, then ordering anywhere from 48 - 56 of them.

Any suggestions?

upload_2021-5-6_13-38-14.png
upload_2021-5-6_13-38-29.png

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We could run 10mm Coro for you. You could also double up on 3/16" foamcore.

https://www.firesprint.com/foam-board/
https://www.firesprint.com/yard-signs-10mm-heavy-duty-digitally-printed/

These will need to be freighted. Freight won't hit too hard on the bigger order, but if you need a single sample, that also will need to be freighted.

We don't run it anymore, but 1/2" gatorplast or gatorboard would be a good fit for this. We could also run easy to apply prints for you if you wanted to locally source the gator and stick decals.

fuzzy_cam

We could run 10mm Coro for you. You could also double up on 3/16" foamcore.

https://www.firesprint.com/foam-board/
https://www.firesprint.com/yard-signs-10mm-heavy-duty-digitally-printed/

These will need to be freighted. Freight won't hit too hard on the bigger order, but if you need a single sample, that also will need to be freighted.

We don't run it anymore, but 1/2" gatorplast or gatorboard would be a good fit for this. We could also run easy to apply prints for you if you wanted to locally source the gator and stick decals.

Thanks for that. Gatorboard was one of the ideas I had, but I can't really find anyone doing it anymore! Great idea on the doubling up on the foam board, I've gone through so many options in my head I'm probably starting to not think straight. If we get some of these through you, what are your tolerances? The signs would need to be the exact size. This customer wouldn't go for one of them being a little off and seeing the difference on the sides.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We Zund cut anything like this, so they would all be nearly perfectly cut. Especially if they are single sided, or doubled up single sided material.

I might suggest doing a mini version for a sample for them. That would be much easier to prove the concept.

fuzzy_cam

We Zund cut anything like this, so they would all be nearly perfectly cut. Especially if they are single sided, or doubled up single sided material.

I might suggest doing a mini version for a sample for them. That would be much easier to prove the concept.

Thanks a bunch. I'll be in touch.

rjssigns

Indoor or outdoor? Outdoor you can use a "fiberglass" sign. Can get those 1/2" thick with threaded bosses in the back.

SignEST

For outdoor you can use Ultraboard. It has a plastic styrene like coating on the outside vs the paperlike coating for gator. It's quite rigid as well at 1/2 inch. It's standard thickness for those person cutouts for indoors. 1/4 is really floppy. The bottle is about 72x24 inch. At 24x72 your price will be a lot lower too. Standard sheets are 48x96. You can squeeze them down to 23 3/4 x 72 and get 2 per sheet vs only 1 36x72 per sheet.

Attachments

• 20190403_132850.jpg
    20190403_132850.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 104
  • 20190408_080920.jpg
    20190408_080920.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

GB2

Old Member
Despite the fact that the stand "specifies" 1/4" minimum, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't fit 1/8" material since it bolts tightly together. You could always use an 1/8" spacer if you had too but I don't think you would need to. That being said, my first thought would be 3mm ACM. I haven't done a cost comparison but I suspect it would be cost effective as some of those other products can actually be quite expensive, and if you are doubling something up then you are also doubling the cost.

CanuckSigns

I would look at using 0.5" thick foam core, it's cheap, very rigid and won't bow under its own weight like PVC or ACM