• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

250 years in the making!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I don't think they have made good use of their time.

America 250.png

OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE U.S. SEMIQUINCENTENNIAL COMMISSION:​

The new logo was created in partnership with Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv, the firm behind that very same Bicentennial logo. This design will be at the heart of our efforts over the next three years and one that I hope will leave a lasting legacy for generations to come as well.

The design’s ribbons are intended to evoke a sense of commemoration, celebration, and purpose while the flowing red, white, and blue ribbons form the number 250 as a single continuous path, representing the unity, cooperation, and harmony we strive for as a country.

As we stand on the verge of our 250th anniversary, it is my goal to bring that same excitement I felt during the Bicentennial to every American from sea to shining sea in hopes that each of us can believe that this is the land of opportunity all over again.

Thank you for being part of this effort.

Sincerely,

Rosie Rios

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
My eyes keep tracing the ribbon like the maze on a placemat at a restaurant.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Like the ribbon although the finials at both ends could have been better.