• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

$3.000 joke!

customcreations

Flexi!! It just sucks. 3 grand and we get the most unstable program. Before everyone goes and defends this junk, every person I have ever met that uses it has the same problems. The classic unknown failure dump. You loose whatever you worked on. Now today I get a new one to add to it --file share conflict when it goes to save during the dump saving. What a joke of a program. Every version I have ever had has had these problems. I do not have the time or patience to learn a new program so I am stuck to cussing this misarable excuse of a sign program! Just had to vent!!--Phillip

That sound you hear is just me beating my head on the desk!!

ChicagoGraphics

I been using Flexi Pro from day one when it first came out, and I never have these problems that I hear all the time out on this board. Me thinks It's human error.....

Flame

I been using Flexi Pro from day one when it first came out, and I never have these problems that I hear all the time out on this board. Me thinks It's human error.....

How about it just being a cruddy program? Weak design tools, memory hogging... I mean, I couldn't dream of designing it it. It works ok for setting up files to print, but actually designing in it would be a joke. By no means a $3000-$4500 program. I've been through 3 versions of Flexi Pro, and I still don't like it.

m.hafenbrack

Are you on Vista? Others I've talked to haven't had any of the problems on it like we do, but they're on XP and I'm on Vista. I just wonder if that could be the issue... I don't like flexi either and hardly ever use it at this point.

Big House Signs

I have been using it since ver 6 and I feel very lucky we have not had any issues either, knock on wood. So sorry for your difficulty.
Paula

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Been a regular user since version 4 and do not experience the problems you cite. Currently running version 8.6.2 on XP SP3.

gabagoo

What I dont get is that when they sell you the program why dont they tell you the best system to have in place so that their will be limited problems? I would think from a marketing standpoint that would make a lot of sense. I run Flexi Photoprint ( I think I am the only one on this board who does), strictly for printing and it seems OK with the odd time shut down but I dont really design in it as it is a very limited software. I would like to move to Onyx but $$$$ are tight and I am used to Flexi and for the most part I have learned to work around certain problems. I also run signlab 5 and 8 as well as Omega. They al have issues at times but you learn to live with it.

customcreations

XP pro 64 bit, 4 meg of ram, dual dual core processor,GeForrce 8800gt card
Have always had these problems no matter what computer. I new their would be those who never have problems but I believe their are way more of us that have these problems.--Phillip

Pat Whatley

You know, you've been bitching about it since October when you thought it was because of your computer or Roxio. Have you called your vendor and put a foot in someone's ass there? Forget calling SA...call your salesman. Call him everytime the computer lags or crashes. Seriously, become such a pain in the ass that they do what they should already be doing just to get you to quit bothering them.

It can be fixed, there's something out of the ordinary going on...make them figure it out.

Pro Image

I run Flexi Photoprint ( I think I am the only one on this board who does), strictly for printing

I have it too.......but design in Inspire XP PRO and the import in to Photoprint to send to my Mutoh........I cant stand the type interface..........but thats just me......

gabagoo

I have it too.......but design in Inspire XP PRO and the import in to Photoprint to send to my Mutoh........I cant stand the type interface..........but thats just me......

what is inspire xp pro? never heard of it, who makes it and how much?

ChiknNutz

Huh, I have Inspire XP Pro too, but never use it. AFAIK, the company went TU so I'd guess that support might be tough to get...but on the other hand, Inspire XP Pro may actually become a collectors item!

S

Sign-Man Signs

$297.00 dollar fix. Get yourself a Emachine (see thumbnail)(Best Buy) which we run Flexi Sign Pro on and stop bitching. It's not the software, it's your freaking computer or you're just to stupid to use it. We've used Flexi since it was invented and have never had a problem that wasn't computer generated. Maybe it's not for you. Get the amateur programs like Corel or Master Cut. I say the same thing about Vista but I have come to an understanding I'm just to lazy or ignorant to learn a new operating system. Sai is a Merchant Member and deserves more respect than you give them.

Attachments

• My PC.jpg
    My PC.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 147

Flame

$297.00 dollar fix. Get yourself a Emachine (see thumbnail)(Best Buy) which we run Flexi Sign Pro on and stop bitching. It's not the software, it's your freaking computer or you're just to stupid to use it. We used Flexi since it was invented and have never had a problem that wasn't computer generated. Maybe it's not for you. Get the amateur programs like Corel or Master Cut. I say the same thing about Vista but I have come to an understanding I'm just to lazy or ignorant to learn a new operating system.

Bro... you can have good advice, but seriously. The e-machine is one of the worst built computers to ever hit the market. Plus, I have used Flexi for almost as long as Corel, and have to say for designing Flexi isn't even in the same league as Corel, or Illustrator (been using Illy for 9 years now). Color management is weak, majority of the tools are amateurish, monitor colors are horrible.... just a really "thrown together" program.