• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

30" print (&cut)

timstudio

My current Roland Sp300i is about 8 years old and never let me down. But it's getting old and though it's still working perfect I'm trying to figure out what would be a good replacement.

My main 'problem' is space. I do not have room (or clients) for a 54" printer. My current Roland is working about 3 -4 hours a day and for the last couple of years I have actually never felt the need for a bigger machine than 30". My laminator is also 30", so that is fine. 30" it is.

But that field of machines is very very narrow. Though the cutting comes in handy sometimes, it's not a must. I have a Summa S2D75.

What would you recommend for a replacement for the Roland? Another Roland, the SG2-300?

90% of my printing is simple automotive decals, signs, labels etc. No wraps, banners etc.

rjssigns

When your printer breaks down fix it. Old Rolands are good machines with great aftermarket support for anything you would need.

sardocs

Mine is 20 + years old, It's not even a "V" model. It hasn't broken down yet, though I did replace a head once.