• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

30"x10' Banner price check

southpawP8NTR

Thanks for the input from those who were willing to help. BTW I wasn't asking for cost to produce vs. profit that will be made. Chill...it's just a retail price!

TheSnowman

For the love...don't be a tightwad, charge $50 more for this banner job, get a premium subscription, and post stuff like this in section it should be in instead of where everyone off the street can read it. ESPECIALLY WHOLESALE STUFF!

southpawP8NTR

Sorry, your post seemed to be pointing both directions. I too don't agree on wholesalers advertising openly. But I do not think there is anything wrong with making sure you're inline on retail pricing by asking peers. I was only trying to make sure that my price for those quantities were in fact a fair price.

luggnut

i agree retail prices should be allowed in the open... if nothing but to educate the newbies on the price they should be charging. when i first start on this forum there was no premium membership and i learned a lot that i would not have if there would have been a fee.... now that i know what a resource this forum can be i gladly pay the fee, but before i learned its value i would not have thinking it might be a waste of $50.

i think most newbs could be educated to understand the importance of getting a profitable price. i for one did. but they aren't gonna pay the fee right off the bat without first believing they could benefit. just my opinion.

Malkin

i think most newbs could be educated to understand the importance of getting a profitable price. i for one did. but they aren't gonna pay the fee right off the bat without first believing they could benefit. just my opinion.

This is related (a little bit) to the other thread discussing copyright infringement. A lot of people seem to subconsciously think that everything on the internet (or other digital information) is free or should be free. Once a person can break past that mentality, they will gain a new appreciation for the value of information.

I decided to become a premium member within a week or 2 of even first visiting this forum. The cost for the premium membership is cheap, I would gladly pay more, even if it was for the entire site. I know Fred would never do that, but I do feel that the knowledge I have gained is worth it.

luggnut

i was just saying that i frequent some other forums that interest me but would not pay for them, the info gained on them is not worth it and if they ceased to exist ...big deal. but once i realized the value here for a real business the fee is no problem, the fee is cheap in comparison to the things i've learned.. but i would not have known that at the beginning ...

grafixemporium

Southpaw, you need to consider showing a little respect my friend. You don't know how to price a few banners? It doesn't get any simpler than pricing banners in our industry. Don't try to tell me what to do with my fifty bucks. I chose to invest a few dollars in an incredibly valuable resource like Signs 101. You can come here and ask all the stupid questions you want. In my opinion, if you want to ask questions regarding industry pricing, etc it belongs in the premium section. That's what it's there for.

All of you who posted pricing here in this thread just contributed to devaluing the premium section of the site and all that Fred and his team work hard for.

southpawP8NTR

It's not wholesale, I asked where people would be at for a RETAIL PRICE. Spend your $50 where you like.
Respect goes both ways. I said spend it WHERE YOU LIKE, not where I said for you to spend it. I've been on this site for a while, I don't post much, it just seems now that when someone pays their Premium Subscription it comes with creative license coupled with a hierarchy right. I don't think any laws are being broken by discussing a RETAIL price, the customer is going to find that out eventually. I mearly wanted to double check my numbers, if you dont' want me to find out what you numbers would be, don't reply...it is your right to do so.

grafixemporium

I'll be more than happy to discuss my retail prices, wholesale prices, cost of materials, overhead or anything else you want to learn about that concerns how to come up with your own retail pricing structure that works and makes you money... in the premium section. That's what it's there for.

southpawP8NTR

So why even have a free section if you can't do anything but talk sports, post pics or talk politics? Seems like paid social networking to me.

grafixemporium

You can talk about whatever you want out here. I'm just saying that discussing information specific to the back end of our businesses is not for public display. I'm not gonna argue with you about it. Just don't expect me (and many others) to post that kind of information out here.

Take care and have a great weekend!

more positive constructive content added by our own Gemporium...

what concerns me about questions like the OP posted is that the answers he will receive really are not relevent in my opinion and may confuse noobs as well as others who view the same replies. in my opinion i would be much more concerned to find out what your local market is getting for the same product, as you can see we have pricing from $62.50-$179.50 and all points in between which really doesnt tell you a thing other than pricing across the nation is all over the place.

as i said i would be much more concerned with what people within my general location are receiving for a product of a similar description with the hope that i am not leaving money on the table while still maintaining somewhat competitive pricing.

southpawP8NTR

I know about regional pricing. I use to work for Sign A Rama and they preached cold calling competitors. Again, I was just seeing if I was in line. I'm sorry for offending the subscribers, I just couldn't get my numbers to come out and thought I'd ask.
I'm not a noob and I know what I'm doing, I started hand painting signs at 12 and screenprinting in college, so please forget I asked I'm going on 40 now and can do without lectures.
I'm not angry with anyone, just let it go.

i am sorry if my reply in response to your question came across as a lecture that was not my intent but rather a genuine concern as to the answers that were provided and making sense of them to some who may not understand why the prices are all over the board.

southpawP8NTR

I knew the answers would vary. I think I need to check my excel spreadsheet and make sure that the formula didn't get out of whack. My screen printing spreadsheet works fine but I've ran across a couple of full color prices that didn't seem to add up.
Again sorry for offending.