• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m 180 white reflective 380I white reflective....what is the difference

gabagoo

Other than the price being about $3.00 more per yard in the 15" size from my supplier....just wondering if there are any actual differences. One is Edge ready, the other is not...that basically means it might be a bit cleaner, but outside of that I have no clue

I am a little ticked off as I now hear 180 is no longer being stocked by my 3m( gerber) distributor.

3m 180 is the best weeding reflective vinyl I have found over the years. I don't mind paying more for the 380i, but it better weed as nice.... just say'n

Browner

Are you talking about 280 vs 280i ?

Gerber has discontinued 280i and replaced it with 280i Plus.

You used to be able to just get 280 in White, but that is no longer an option. Maybe they got wise to all of us just buying 280 White instead of 280i ? :tongue:

I never noticed a huge difference between the two - other than the price (nearly double). The 280i seemed to print a little nicer... almost as if they took better care to make sure it was smoother? But at twice the price, I could easily justify printing off a few more of the cheaper ones - if there were any misprints.

You really want savings (assuming it's not for vehicles)? I've had good results printing with the EDGE onto 3M 3200. Which runs at less than half the price of the 280 !!!!! :omg: Though, I will agree, it's not nearly as nice to weed.

Attachments

• PB- Gerber HP Series 280i Plus Reflective.pdf
    372.3 KB · Views: 158
  • PB- Gerber 3M Series 280 Reflective.pdf
    446 KB · Views: 192

gabagoo

sorry, yes it is 280.... I have tried just about every reflective on the market and always found weeding to be the biggest problem with most...but the 280 weeds better than most any other vinyls. The weeding is important as I purchase it basically for one main customer who orders thousands of individual numbers.
I managed to get all the remaining offcuts they had in stock and it might be enough to get this job done.

Browner

You should give 3M 680 a try. Or even better - as in easier for your customer to install "bubble free" - 680 CR !!

gabagoo

You should give 3M 680 a try. Or even better - as in easier for your customer to install "bubble free" - 680 CR !!

Seriously? stuff is way overpriced and due to the air egress weeding is brutal and after that the numbers can generally fall right off the backing paper...sorry, been there done it...