• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M 2080 Deep Space..... Have you used it recently?

BluetailGFX

Journeyman
Got a truck project and have been looking at using the 3M 2080 Deep Space "Flip" Film. But as I look at the new 2080 Color Deck, taking it outside, moving it around, it does not really look like the extreme color flip from purple to coppery-tone, like it is advertised still online to have.

Anybody have recent usage of this color? Did it actually flip to show that advertised bright copper tone?

View attachment 3M 2080Deep Space Color Flip.png

FCD

It does have it, keep in mind that you have to "bend" the swatch and move it around in extreme angles to see some of the colors. Think about it being on a vehicle with different angles, it's easier to see when you have bigger panels and curves. Deep space is a very dark color though and can tend to look black on swatch books or when used for stripes on a vehicle at certain angles