• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Fasara printable with HP L26500?

bigben

Not a newbie
I have a costumer that want me to print a design on 3M Fasara products (he insisted for the brand). I normally this. I'm use oracal or mactac products for trying to find if the material is compatible with my L26500 and found nothing on the web. Does anyone have tried it yet?

Thanks.

MikePro

frosted vinyls print GREAT on my 26500. same with my solvent jv3.
the slight texture of the vinyl allows for the ink to bite into the material really well.

bigben

Not a newbie
the slight texture of the vinyl allows for the ink to bite into the material really well.

But did you tried the 3M Fasara specifically? Since it have a clear liner, I was wondering if it would be a problem for the OMAS. Also, I do not know if it could take the heat.

bigben

Not a newbie
OMAS may or may not read it. still won't stop it from printing.

in my experience, if the OMAS can't read the material, you COULD have printing imperfection like banding. Sometimes, I print 15ft long panels. Also, does it take the head well?

I've tried alot of frosted materials and all of them did had any problems. But nerver tried the 3M. This is why I'm asking for someone who physically tried it? Did you ever tried it MikePro?

thanks.

MikePro

yes. not all of the variations, however, but I don't see an issue.
if you're concerned with the omas, then put some white vinyl on the backing.

the graphics co

What are your heat settings when you are printing on the frosted? Any issues with the clear liner buckling?

MikePro

regular vinyl heat settings, i print using the 3650-114 (clear) profile and have not had an issue with buckling.... although the media doesn't load so easily, as the rollers tend to catch/roll it, so I'll usually cut-off 3" of the leading vinyl (leaving the backing intact) and it loads perfectly afterwards.

Turfa

3M Fasara is a polyester film, so it will be much more difficult to print on than a vinyl film. I know that solvent will not work. UV does work, but have not tried latex. Might have ink adhesion issues.

Chasez

3M Fasara is a polyester film, so it will be much more difficult to print on than a vinyl film. I know that solvent will not work. UV does work, but have not tried latex. Might have ink adhesion issues.

Statement is not exactly true, it depends on which fasara product that your trying to print on. I've successfully printed on SH2MAMM (milky milky) with no issues with a seiko colorpainter w-64s w/ solvent ink. SH2MAML (milky white) will not print, it sort of just pools on the surface a bit. If the fasara product has a texture to it, you could most likely print to it, but the ones that have a smooth surface are most likely a no.
We're an authorized 3M dealer in our area and have had to deal with this before, and got direct answers from 3M.

Other 3M frosts like Dusted crystal print with zero issues, frosted crystal I'm not to sure about as i've never tried that one.

Chaz

MikePro

polyester theory debunked, as I have printed on Avery Chrome wrap vinyl just fine as well.
+1 to anything with a slight texture will print great. still, I have yet to find a material that I cannot print on the HP26500. ...only issues being buckling/warping of lesser-grade vinyls.