• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3mm Pvc Ok For Hanging Post?

Locals Find!

Plumbing pvc and patio furniture is different kind than sign material pvc, for signs it is closed foam cell pvc and the other is solid. I think it is considered type i and type 2. Since the sign kind is foam cell it will warp and crack like everyone is telling you.
But remembering the Addie from before and now renamed Jason, to protect the innocents, a tiger does not change his stripes and you will do want you want and take advice like a crackhead on cleaning themselves up.

Again with the insults? why?

Now, I learned what you just told me from a very nice conversation with another member on here in Florida. I have also gleaned good tips and alternatives from all the people nice enough to take time to respond. I appreciate all the knowledge I have been given.

Thanks - Have a good day!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:roflmao: You really make me laugh. You've been specializing in real estate signs for 15 years, but have only used aluminum or Cor-X.

Never used steel, PVC, poly, omegabond, duron, alumalite, dibond or lyonite. About a 12 second search will find all of these substrates from just about any vendor. Yet, you wanna challenge someone on the knowledge you've gained in 15 years which we've established is nothing vs. someone else ??

Yes, I did read what you said and it's just bullsh!t. Bullsh!t as usual. Nothing's changed. I have no problem with it, but like mentioned, don't be telling us you're any different, just because you think so. You don't even know how to find a simple substrate, let alone do a simple 'search' at this place.

Granted, you will be helped, as you always come across as this down and out on his luck problem and the rest of us feel sorry for ya.

Again, you are giving the customer the choice of what to do. How does your customer know what to use, if you can't explain anything other than the price differences. You want something that won't be easily taken, so figure out a way to make the crooks work hard for their money, not change up products. Aluminum composite is still gonna be stolen as it resembles and feels just like sheet aluminum. These derelicts, as you put it, are not gonna be carrying cutters, so if you use one-way bolts and nuts, you could probably just doing things the same way. Otherwise, just go to Masonite.​

Locals Find!

Yes Gino, I have only ever used those two materials. Realtors in my market are cheap. I usually only offer those 2 choices, and their choice of 3 different frames. Less than 1% of realtors install signs themselves here on the properties or own the posts. We have 2 post guys in town that rent out the posts. They do the installs, take downs, pick up the agent's signs from them, and return them when done. So, I don't have any part in how they are hung. It's NOT my business. I simply make sure the signs get made. I can't even claim to make them myself as I sub it all out. I am simply a broker and, you know that.

I have never needed to offer any alternative. What I have been offering has sold just fine for years. This is the first time I have felt the need to venture out and offer something different. I am sorry, I don't have such a diverse business model as you do. I haven't been exposed to that side. I am NOT going to try and claim I know everything. I don't, not even close.

Why am I letting my customer choose? I don't know, maybe because he is the one writing the check? I can explain to him what alternatives I can offer him. Which will be the composite. As I don't have a trade supplier for anything else. If that doesn't work for him, I will suggest a few other shops in town that might be able to find a better solution. I am just NOT capable of doing much else yet. Till, I have my own printer and do things in house I am limited.

Now, all the wonderful advice is stored on the interwebs for the next poor sap who comes along and needs to know the same question I had. Will be able to use google or the search button to find his answer.

Have a good day Gino! :bushmill:
I am going to do some work.

rossmosh

Just use "Dibond" and move on. If you get the cheap stuff, people won't even know it has any aluminum. The edge will show as black plastic.