• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4-B LED display panel has problems

aocarving

My 4-B has a problem. The LED panel lights are going out. From right to left, 6 of them have "gone out". Two are totaly black, one is totaly red and the rest have red bits scattered in each space. I have been told that the LED's dont burn out, the IC chip degrades. Does anybody know which chip should be replaced, or if there could be another problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Big AL

ChicagoGraphics

It's not like you really need that tiny led display to begin with, couldn't you just do without. My Gerber 4b did that years ago, I used a can of spray air and a small vacum and that worked for me.

heyskull

LOL

I think it's time for a new plotter.

Who is still using a 4B to make signs must be real poor or real tight?!

Throw it in the bin buy some new technology things have moved on a little bit since the 80's

SC

aocarving

It's not like you really need that tiny led display to begin with, couldn't you just do without. My Gerber 4b did that years ago, I used a can of spray air and a small vacum and that worked for me.

CG- Thanks for the reply. I blew the dust out not long ago, but it didn't help. Might try the vacum with a brush attachment. I still use it , mainly for small sandblasted plaques and engraved bricks, but can't double check my settings because they show up mainly on the lefthand side right where the lights are "out". Thanks, AO

aocarving

LOL

Throw it in the bin buy some new technology things have moved on a little bit since the 80's

SC

Both! HA!

Use it for sandblast work, it's paid for, cuts as good as it ever has, I'll keep it. AO

ChicagoGraphics

LOL

SC

I still run my 4b at least 3 days a week cutting just numbers.
And yes I have the latest technology to. The 4b might be old
as dirt, but It comes in handy for certain things.

aocarving

4-B display panel problem

I still run my 4b at least 3 days a week cutting just numbers.
And yes I have the latest technology to. The 4b might be old
as dirt, but It comes in handy for certain things.

CG- Thanks for the PHD. back-up, (I was feeling so inadequate) HA!