• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4 over trials and tribulations

Techman

been with them for years.. and now they added a new trick.
Beware ,, if you do not check,, the files will be rotated.. You can send them correct but...
They do not care one iota about that. They only go by the preview and if you miss it then your done.

I never paid attention to this because it wasn't an issue,, however the last few orders was always rotated and had to be rotated to the correct direction. Today I fell into their trap.. Thier new website , their new system..

the proff shows the job turned
Pamela H: [3:33:10 PM] hi t
[3:33:29 PM] let me take a look at your job, one moment please
[3:34:30 PM] the orientation of the files are wrong, and we are not able to pull them back since they already on a batch
[3:34:44 PM] it shows that the confirmation preview got expired
: [3:34:45 PM] i sent them in the correct way
Pamela H: [3:35:57 PM] i can offer you to trash the job and give you a $15 coupon to help you resubmitting the job
t: [3:36:57 PM] I
[3:37:05 PM] I SENT THOSE FILES RIGHT
[3:37:14 PM] I did not rotate them
Pamela H: [3:38:33 PM] keep in mind, tthe confirmation preview is the time for you to double check on them and also if you see that they are positioned wrong you can be able to rotate them
t: [3:38:46 PM] I DID NOT SEND THE WRONG FILE
[3:38:50 PM] I SENT it RIGHT
Pamela H: [3:38:52 PM] but you missed the preview and now the files are on an automated batch
curt: [3:39:07 PM] your system changed them I DID NOT CHANGE THEM
Pamela H: [3:42:07 PM] i can offer you $20 as courtesy to help you resubmit the job, please keep in mind that the preview is sent to you to double check on the files
t: [3:42:43 PM] keep in mind that the fiels were sent in the correct way and your system changed them ,,
Pamela H: [3:44:09 PM] i do apologize, but we are not able to give you a full refund, the system get the files as you send them
t: [3:44:50 PM] no.. your system change them,, those files were sent correct ..
[3:45:18 PM] the system is trapping..
Pamela H: [3:45:35 PM] if you want we can send the job as is
t: [3:45:48 PM] ITS USELESS
Pamela H: [3:46:04 PM] if you decide to trash it I can give you discount coupon so you can resubmit it
[3:46:21 PM] and this time you would need to keep an eye on the preview

So much friction. Always changing something... Worse than using network solutions.

visualeyez

If they are portrait, you need to rotate the front 90 degrees clockwise, and the back 90 degrees counter. They reprinted 5,000 rack cards for me but I learned. How they print them, they don't flip over the axis your hand flips them.

CanuckSigns

Their preview system is buggy right now, I called them and they told me it was a known issue, they had me check my previews in internet explorer, Firefox, chrome, safari and none of them worked.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
It wasn't a trap, you didn't proof the previews to make sure the rotation was correct.
It's not as if there is an option to order landscape business cards and portrait business cards.
This directional proofing has been in operation for well over a year. If you order from 4over you should know you get sent proofs to check and either approve or correct within a certain amount of time once uploaded.
Failure to do so was your mistake, not theirs. They are VERY clear in the terms that you click you've read about this.
Learn from YOUR mistake and don't blame them. They even offered you a discount when they did nothing wrong.