• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

440 cartridges in Mutoh 1324?

brycesteiner

I've got a Mutoh VJ 1324. I've been using more cartridges lately. I've used the 220ml size because that is what Fellers told me can only be used in this machine (or the 1000 ml with ink kit). Can I not use the 440 size in this? It sounded like it would be too heavy. The 220's are not heavy and I can just imagine that doubling the weight won't do that much. Is the ink cartridge holder that weak?

Any problems this would cause?

Thanks!
Bryce

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I've done it before. Not sure the weight would be an issue but I did think the longer carts hanging out that far might be tilted down or cause damage to the chip reader prongs.
What I did was take an old camera tripod and put a short piece of "L" angle on it wide enough to run under all 4 carts.
I adjusted the tripod height using the 220 carts so that the 440s would be at the same angle when inserted.
Added some soft Velcro to the bar so they could shift around a little with printers vibration.
Seemed to work fine.

Forgot to add mine is 1304 and not a 1324 - your mileage may vary...

wayne k
guam usa

Slimoff

I've got a Mutoh VJ 1324. I've been using more cartridges lately. I've used the 220ml size because that is what Fellers told me can only be used in this machine (or the 1000 ml with ink kit). Can I not use the 440 size in this? It sounded like it would be too heavy. The 220's are not heavy and I can just imagine that doubling the weight won't do that much. Is the ink cartridge holder that weak?

Any problems this would cause?

Thanks!
Bryce

Everything will be fine.
only thing is that 440 are much longer can cause inconvenience.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
440mL Mutoh Eco Ultra Ink cartridge will work on 48" and 54" Valuejet models. We always have them in stock to ship from California. Daily Fedex Cut off time is 5pm.

Ink ran out during the weekend? No problem. We can meet by appointment or ship on Saturday to receive on Monday. We will work with you.

Customer Service

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mutoh does say that the 440ml carts are not for the 1324 but I have a customer going on 2 years with the 440s. No problems reported yet.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Mutoh does say that the 440ml carts are not for the 1324 but I have a customer going on 2 years with the 440s. No problems reported yet.

Would it be safe to assume that the 440ml cartridges will also work in a 1204? Or not?

FatCat

Would it be safe to assume that the 440ml cartridges will also work in a 1204? Or not?

Bob, I did use 440's a few times when I had my 1204, the only issue is that the 1204 will only read 220ml off the card, so you'll wind up with a cart 1/2/ full of ink, but the printer will say it's empty. So, to work around that you just need a few spare cards to swap out once they signal empty.

RG

I have a VJ-1204GA that is about 2 years old and I use only 440ml carts in it. It has no problems reading the smart carts correctly--when it beeps saying the ink cart it empty, it is really empty, not still half full. I also know another signguy in KY that used nothing but 440 carts in his 1204. What FatCat said is probably true for some older 1204s. Or, maybe it has something to do with the firmware in the 1204. Those 440 carts sure do stick out there way too far. You really have to be careful not to bump them. One little bump and it can all hit the fan.