• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

48" hotdog. Seriously....

synergy_jim

This was a fun one.....

:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG_7646.jpg
    IMG_7646.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_7645.jpg
    IMG_7645.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 189

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Where's the mustyick ??

:thumb: Looks good enough to eat. Now, I'm hungry for hot dogs.​

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Why the nerd-tape on the spectacles? Interesting touch regardless.

synergy_jim

nerd tape because the theme was smart and the customer chose to convey it with glasses and nerd tape.

I think it works very well. We added the ketchup and mustard today. A little bit more paint and we are all set.

The wiener was carved from eps foam and hard coated. There is an aluminum plate in the belly to bolt to a luggage rack on top of a smart car.

The glasses are cut steel and we also used smooth on epoxy clay for a few touches.,

Thanks for all of the compliments.

FS-Keith

did you cut it from a solid piece by hand or use the router to make pieces then glue it together? nice work!

rdm01

I wonder how long before someone sticks googly eyes on it...

Very nice, please update with a photo including the condiments if you have one.

OldPaint

so much effort in the execution of building it....and then puttin that nasty looking text on it........coulda picked a better font..........

synergy_jim

so much effort in the execution of building it....and then puttin that nasty looking text on it........coulda picked a better font..........

customer wanted a font that looked " like " the smart car logo. Also wanted it to look branded into the bun....

synergy_jim

did you cut it from a solid piece by hand or use the router to make pieces then glue it together? nice work!

We subbed the eps part out, but from the build pics, it looked like it was cut with a hot wire and the pieces glued together. We built a scale model then had them build the 48" version. Had to be super light for the car roof.