• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

48"valuejet from SignWrhse- who's got one?

Sign Eagle

My first printer was a 48" Mutoh, one of the firswt in the country with ecosolvent ink. Bought it because I took a job needing 10,000 sq ft of outdoor vinyl in 4 weeks for the grand opening of a shopping center. By the time it arrived and was installed we had 3 week. We ran it about 20 hours a day for 3 weeks, got the 10,000 plus out and the machine was paid for. The machine we had was really slow but we pumped a lot of material out. That machine was replaced with a Falcon II Outdoors about 5 years ago which has also pumped out a lot of material. Starting to have a lot of maintenance issues and have started looking for a replacement not sure what. Looking for something faster with good quality.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Hey thank you guys.
And ok- it may BE tech support is not be the best from SW (sorry Jim and i dont know first hand) but wouldnt I be able to get support from Mutoh also?
Or is it that not likely because it's been rebranded? Anyone know?

Because it is a rebranded OEM product from SignWarehouse they are the ones responsible for all support / repair work. Mutoh does not offer any support on the unit and will refer any caller back to SignWarehouse, even for basic phone support. Another thing to consider is that with SignWarehouse the basic warranty is only for parts for the first year and the customer is responsible for any travel and labor costs. SignWarehouse does offer a “premium warranty” that gives you both parts and labor for the first year but that is an option. Finally with the warranties from SignWarehouse the repair is done by a third party and that third party has left customer's waiting for up to three weeks. If you purchase the Mutoh ValueJet 1304 from Graphic Resource Systems you will receive next day warranty repair work. With the Mutoh ValueJet 1304 you get a two year onsite warranty for parts, labor and travel included in the sale price without having to add an "option" and you get the support of Graphic Resource Systems and also full support from Mutoh America.

JBarraxSW

As a matter of fact Chris, we provide all the on-site warranty support ourselves. We haven't used any third party support for the PrismJET printers for well over a year. If a SignWarehouse customer needs on-site service, we send one of our highly trained color tech support group guys to the customer and take care of them.
And we do it pretty well I might add. :)

PS. I know I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating. We handle on average, over 500 live tech support calls per week. At the conclusion of each ticket, the customer is sent an email survey asking them to rate their level of satisfaction with the quality of the service received. The top two levels are satisfied or very satisfied. We average over 90% in one of those two categories.
In other words, over 90% of the hundreds of calls our tech support staff handles weekly result in satisfied customers. (Honda and Lexus don't have customer satisfaction numbers that high). We're pretty proud of that and the comments posted above by our customers reflect our commitment to solving their problems and keeping them running.

Last edited:

Stealth Ryder

Because it is a rebranded OEM product from SignWarehouse they are the ones responsible for all support / repair work. Mutoh does not offer any support on the unit and will refer any caller back to SignWarehouse, even for basic phone support. Another thing to consider is that with SignWarehouse the basic warranty is only for parts for the first year and the customer is responsible for any travel and labor costs. SignWarehouse does offer a “premium warranty” that gives you both parts and labor for the first year but that is an option. Finally with the warranties from SignWarehouse the repair is done by a third party and that third party has left customer's waiting for up to three weeks. If you purchase the Mutoh ValueJet 1304 from Graphic Resource Systems you will receive next day warranty repair work. With the Mutoh ValueJet 1304 you get a two year onsite warranty for parts, labor and travel included in the sale price without having to add an "option" and you get the support of Graphic Resource Systems and also full support from Mutoh America.

They, just as Mutoh are offering 2 year on-site warranties at this time I believe. The techs who service the printers travel from the Texas Signwarehouse location and are all employed by Signwarehouse, No third party individuals involved in the process...

Hate to say it.. But Chris is dead on... I wasn't totally happy with the support I recieved from Signwarehouse on a few incidents.

When I could get thru to Ron at sign ware house he was more than helpful.. however I wasn't as please with other tech reps...

If you do purchase from signwarehouse be aware you get 90 day tech support free (thats it).. So work the bugs out quick.. Or plan to di$h out some $$$$$ for support..

Jim Doggett

"Hate to say it.. But Chris is dead on... I wasn't totally happy with the support I recieved from Signwarehouse on a few incidents. "

I hate you to say it, too!!!! Kidding :^))))

But we're trying harder at the same time lots of companies are scaling back. Chris, *was* dead on perhaps.

But if you feel we let you down, that hasn't changed. So my apology to you and please let me know if there's something I can do to make it right.

Thanks!

Jim

PS: Thank you, Stealth Ryder!!! You're very kind to get our back. :rock-n-roll:

JBarraxSW

FWIW, Mutoh is currently having a fall special.

VJ1304 w/o takup unit is $13,995 through December, add a take-up for $1995.00.
As a participating Mutoh Dealer (and Platinum Partner) we are offering the fall special. We will be happy to send you a new 1304 for $13,995.00

For those who want even more value, we offer the PrismJet VJ48 AND a Q54 with ARMS AND FlexiSign Pro 10 AND ink & media for about the same price. :)
Call 1-800-699-5512 for details.

g1sammons

im with ya sumit
i might buy a vaule jet but dont believe it would be from sighwarehouse
will look around before settling on the value jet
you really need to look at the level of suport your gona get
personally iv not been happy with sign ware house
they have good prices but in three years wheres your suport gona be
check out the ink starvation post under mutoh youll find out how well they suport what they sell!!!!
also relize that some of these guys pushng signwarehouse are actual employies
of that company nothing wrong with that but they need to be honest about who they are!!! and not just glide under any old name
if you belive in them while you work there than put it under your name!!!
just like jim does !!!

g1sammons

ask your self what kind of suport are you getting on that falcon jr
and who its from
if your getting good suport why is it not printing the way it needs too
if your not the new printer from the same folks is not gona solve your problem
but for a while !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!