• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4OVER BAD business!!

ocean502

Soo frusterated! I ordered 3" buttons from 4OVER last week. The maximum quantity was 250 for $62.50. So to order 1000 you had to order 4 separate orders. They have "updated" their pricing and increased their quantities. NOW, to order 250 buttons the price is $152.00. I ordered the first 250 so I could make sure they came out ok. When I went to order the remainder the price increased to more than double, and they will not adjust for me. I've already quoted my customer and now will be breaking even! I would have to order 250 and 500 and that would be over $80.00 increase!! They said they have the right to change pricing whenever they want. BS!!

Charlie J

There are other companies that make buttons. 4over is good at offset printing, they are trying to get into other types of printing, but you should look at some other companies that specialize in other types of printing.

Dennis422

There are other companies that make buttons. 4over is good at offset printing, they are trying to get into other types of printing, but you should look at some other companies that specialize in other types of printing.

Yes. They are great for offset, but everything else is a bit on a high side as far as the pricing

ocean502

uCrazyDazy, do the math. Old pricing was 4 x $62.60 = $250/1000 buttons. New pricing is $228/1000 buttons.

I already ordered 250 for $62.50. That was the max. So now I either have to order another 1000 @ $228 more, or 750 @ $321.50 more! Trust me, I've done the math! :cool:
Maybe I'll be able to buy a beer with the profit. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I'd be really screwed if I only needed another 250 (at a new and improved price of $152.00!!)

ocean502

Thanks Signtime that's a good idea. I will have to order the extra 250. But didn't think of asking if they would buy them. I will check into the ASI supplier route.

mark galoob

Soo frusterated! I ordered 3" buttons from 4OVER last week. The maximum quantity was 250 for $62.50. So to order 1000 you had to order 4 separate orders. They have "updated" their pricing and increased their quantities. NOW, to order 250 buttons the price is $152.00. I ordered the first 250 so I could make sure they came out ok. When I went to order the remainder the price increased to more than double, and they will not adjust for me. I've already quoted my customer and now will be breaking even! I would have to order 250 and 500 and that would be over $80.00 increase!! They said they have the right to change pricing whenever they want. BS!!

this is a great lesson. quotes are good for when they are given not a week later. tell your customer that the original price was a sale and he got a great deal. now the rest of the order has to be done at the regular price...

now, i do have issue with the title of your post. i think its WAY to premature to be saying 4over is Bad business. i understand your upset cause you didn't make your hundred bucks, but i guarantee you just cost them way more than 100 bucks by trashing their good name on the internet. shame on you!!!

ocean502

this is a great lesson. quotes are good for when they are given not a week later. tell your customer that the original price was a sale and he got a great deal. now the rest of the order has to be done at the regular price...

now, i do have issue with the title of your post. i think its WAY to premature to be saying 4over is Bad business. i understand your upset cause you didn't make your hundred bucks, but i guarantee you just cost them way more than 100 bucks by trashing their good name on the internet. shame on you!!!

I appreciate that! However, they shouldn't of allowed me off the phone while raising their prices 250% in a few days with no other explanation other than, "I'm sorry!" My "bad business" reference was that they treated me badly. I have been a customer of theirs for years and thousands of dollars. That's like me selling 12 tshirts for $15.00 each then when a customer reorders saying, "I'm sorry that SAME EXACT ORDER you ordered last week will be $40.00 each. I'm sorry you think I should be ashamed of myself, I'm not.

mark galoob

I appreciate that! However, they shouldn't of allowed me off the phone while raising their prices 250% in a few days with no other explanation other than, "I'm sorry!" My "bad business" reference was that they treated me badly. I have been a customer of theirs for years and thousands of dollars. That's like me selling 12 tshirts for $15.00 each then when a customer reorders saying, "I'm sorry that SAME EXACT ORDER you ordered last week will be $40.00 each. I'm sorry you think I should be ashamed of myself, I'm not.

if you pay attention to their website, they have stuff on sale all the time...

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
they shouldn't of allowed me off the phone while raising their prices 250% in a few days with no other explanation other than, "I'm sorry!" My "bad business" reference was that they treated me badly.
You should been calling to thank them for making the ordering process better and giving you the opportunity to make more of a profit in the future.