• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4over

GP

Should I be concerned that the first thing I see on their website is

"OPEN A TROUBLE TICKET."

?

GP

GK

its on the normal page, but thats not what loads on the members page for me. Are you logged in (might be a dumb question)

GP

not logged in...just found the website this morning, waiting for my trade approval.

Just find it interesting. Even more so now, seeing as I am a new customer. You would think this would only be seen on the members page.

JERHEMI

After hearing some great reviews from some of you guys I thought I would give 4over a shot so I signed up for an account because I needed to place an order for some things. They didn't have any examples of what things were and I wasn't going to order something if I wasn't sure what I was going to get so I requested a sample packet. Almost 3 weeks later the sample packet still has not arrived!!! So, if this how 4over handles their business I don't want to have anything to do with them! I placed an order Monday at overnightprints.com for what I need and it should be arriving in the next day or two...I've been using overnightprints.com for a while now and have had great luck so I'll guess I'll stick with them!

Sparky

Don't sweat it - Everything I have had them do has been exactly the way I wanted it. Never a need for a trouble ticket! Maybe that is a good thing that is is easy to find a way to make a comment - some sites, you can't find a way to contact them!

GP

ahh...

if you type 4.over.com, no "www." and it takes you to member support page.

Neon RTG

Make sure you down load their CMYK-Print Engine for making the PDF's. Works great. and they say it speeds up the print process. Although, who knows for sure.

ChiknNutz

I just recently started using 4Over after battling with some other vendors. So far I've been very pleased with quality, price and TAT. I too have requested the sample kit, have called them, and they say that they are out of them for the moment. Even though that doesn't sound right, since they make them, I still use them and will continue to use them when I can.

Letterbox Mike

When we first signed up with 4over a couple years ago I remember it taking forever to get set up as a vendor and to get samples. It's worth it, once you're a vendor the process is fast and painless and their product is top notch. You MUST know what you're doing when designing, or your color will not come out right, but that's not their fault. We've sent hundreds of jobs to them and have had to reorder maybe 5-10 jobs because we didn't have the file set up right, too much magenta here, bleed was too small, etc.. Take your time, make sure your file is 100% correct and it will come back perfect.

speedmedia

I've had good success with 4 over. I've only had a couple of problems and one of them was my fault. I did however get an angry phone call from a client after receiving his printed postcards to find they had printed the same image on both sides...lol

They fixed the problem and re-printed them and shipped them on their dime and have been great every since.

Thanks,
Kurt Dietrich
Speed Media

TheMattMan

I just started using ZooPrintingTrade.com and they are another excellent company... 4/4 cards uv coated both sides for $19 + shipping.. they print them in 1-2 days. Just ordered some cards for a customer and they were spot on perfect.

njsigns

I've been waiting a few weeks for my sample packet as well. I have 3 jobs being printed by them right now, and my first order I placed with them is scheduled to arrive today. I too inquired by phone about the sample pack, they told me to fill out the request. When I told them I filled it out a few weeks ago, they said try again...

I hope these cards are eveything I expect.

Does anyone know what AQ means on their website? Or 100 lb Gloss vs 100 lb Book?

Gene

Sparky

AQ = Aquious Coating - makes it glossy
100lb Gloss - Think of this as the weight of the cover of a magazine
100lb Book - Like the above, but the inside pages of a magazine

Those are general references, but each paper company is a bit different.

njsigns

Thanks for clearing that up. Perhaps if I had my samples... I would have been able to tell!

Thanks again,
Gene

WVB

I switched over to 4over from Silkcards. We have sent tons of business to both companies and I have had tons of issues with Silkcards in return. Not to mention the pricing is so much higher with Silkcards then 4over. Like stated previously make sure your files are set up correctly. We use the 4over CMYK pdf maker as well. In doing so, suppose to speed up the process by a full day...

Replicator

Silk cards can bleed colors together while sealing with the silk laminate.

I have stopped getting those and get 4Over cards all the time with great results !

zoiko

I use americas printer they are in cerritos ca. and and also visited the 4over location in san fernando ca. the 4over location was a nice office with a lobby with computers in there for you to take in your own stuff and make sure you had everything in order ....i was giving my sample pack but were very rude when i asked questions......it seems that they only want to cater to walkins.....americas printer well was more a large building cool receptionist even the guy doing the cleaning started talking to me and giving me info ...they asked if i had a sales rep i said no. Then they called someone, a nice girl came down and introduced herself as my sales rep , i had some questions she said lets go to my workstation and hepled me out.....she even made some changes to my artwork that i did not know how to do ....

zoiko

I forgot to mention that the 4over pack had very nice stuff in it.....the have a silver color that is nice... and they will not let you open an account with a free email account....so it is only for the trade pricing ....americas printer is the same pricing for everyone. so try and get the sample pack and try to use 4over and see what happens