• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4x8 custom printed coroplast sign

RPD

I've searched several chat rooms on here and posted the question of where to get a wholesale 4x8 custom printed coroplast (corrugated) sign and haven't found any threads. Does anyone know where I can get one printed and shipped to me?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You have a printer. Why not print it, mount it and you're done ?? Til someone packs a flimsy piece of Cor-X, the shipping and handling will make it far more expensive than doing it yourself.

RPD

You have a printer. Why not print it, mount it and you're done ?? Til someone packs a flimsy piece of Cor-X, the shipping and handling will make it far more expensive than doing it yourself.
I have a vinyl printer not a UV printer. I've attempted to do a 4x8 in the past with no success using a large squeegee. I don't have a set up like a rollsroller. I usually get a call for 3 or 4 signs this size a year and have used a local company but I'm getting charged full retail for them.
I'm relatively new to the sign business and pretty much only print 24x18 yard signs or 24x36 signs for A frame stands.

jochwat

Graphics Department
I have a vinyl printer not a UV printer. I've attempted to do a 4x8 in the past with no success using a large squeegee. I don't have a set up like a rollsroller. I usually get a call for 3 or 4 signs this size a year and have used a local company but I'm getting charged full retail for them.
I'm relatively new to the sign business and pretty much only print 24x18 yard signs or 24x36 signs for A frame stands.
You can get them from places like FireSprint, Signs365, etc., and the price is right. But as Gino touched upon, the freight cost is going to kill the deal.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Then, you need to learn how to do it. A 4' x 8' panel can be put down by one person in 3 or 4 minutes with the right tools.

With a big squeegee, you can do it in 3 or 4 minutes. With a fat squeegee, you can do it in under 10 minutes. You don't need any fancy expensive tools.

Somewhere on this site texsigns demonstrated using a fat squeegee and how easy it is. The big squeegee is easier yet and the learning curve is about 5 minutes.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
I've searched several chat rooms on here and posted the question of where to get a wholesale 4x8 custom printed coroplast (corrugated) sign and haven't found any threads. Does anyone know where I can get one printed and shipped to me?
Signs 365 would be the quickest one !

• Agree
Reactions: RPD

ikarasu

Do you have a laminator? I still don't get how anyone on this business can own a solvent printer but not a laminator.... Unless they only print banners or textiles.

If you don't have one,.it's time to buy one! You'll stop producing garbage products and it'll take you 1 min to mount a 4x8

10sacer

Do you have a laminator? I still don't get how anyone on this business can own a solvent printer but not a laminator.... Unless they only print banners or textiles.

If you don't have one,.it's time to buy one! You'll stop producing garbage products and it'll take you 1 min to mount a 4x8
Drytac sells a mounter that can also do lamination for a fraction of the cost of a full on laminator. It laminates just fine, but I use it to do 4x8 boards all the time. Hinge it in the middle and do two halves. 5 min. max.

• Agree

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
one of our clients just does soapy water mounts for their coroplast sheets all the time and she does full 4x8' panels. You might want to use rapid-tack or something though as it seems to dry faster and wait a while before it leaves your shop so it's fully dry. Or swap to air release vinyl and with some practice you can quickly squeegee it on.

• Agree

madone

Signs365.com

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We do offer to score and fold them. If you can get away with that, it helps immensely on the shipping.

Where have you been all day? We're trying to tell him how to do it himself, but he seems to be looking for you to chime in. With that. :)