• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4x8 custom printed coroplast sign

Ldireprophil

I've searched several chat rooms on here and posted the question of where to get a wholesale 4x8 custom printed coroplast (corrugated) sign and haven't found any threads. Does anyone know where I can get one printed and shipped to me?
Go to your local print shop, no one is shipping you (1) 4x8 printed board.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Buy the Big Squeegee, watch a you tube video and do it yourself. I use the BS all the time and it works great. It's a small investment for 3 times a year and it doesn't take up any space. This is not me but this is what I probably look like trying to do it. I use a bungee cord to hold the roll in place so it doesn't fall like this guys did.

Superior_Adam

gotta learn how to do it. DO NOT do it wet use the proper material that has air egress and learn how to apply vinyl. I use the timber maxx when I need to do it. We bought UV flatbeds 7 or 8 years ago and don't apply many large pieces anymore but when needed it can be applied in about 5 minutes. Shipping a large piece will kill you on cost, even if scored and folded anything over 2'x4' is considered oversize for UPS.

• Agree
Reactions: RPD

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Do you have a laminator? I still don't get how anyone on this business can own a solvent printer but not a laminator.... Unless they only print banners or textiles.

If you don't have one,.it's time to buy one! You'll stop producing garbage products and it'll take you 1 min to mount a 4x8
Been doing signs since your parents were making in their pants, have a solvent printer, and have never owned or even used a laminator.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Been doing signs since your parents were making in their pants, have a solvent printer, and have never owned or even used a laminator.
Do you liquid laminate or don't laminate at all? I'm not familiar with the solvent printer needs.

RPD

Buy the Big Squeegee, watch a you tube video and do it yourself. I use the BS all the time and it works great. It's a small investment for 3 times a year and it doesn't take up any space. This is not me but this is what I probably look like trying to do it. I use a bungee cord to hold the roll in place so it doesn't fall like this guys did.

Thanks.

RPD

gotta learn how to do it. DO NOT do it wet use the proper material that has air egress and learn how to apply vinyl. I use the timber maxx when I need to do it. We bought UV flatbeds 7 or 8 years ago and don't apply many large pieces anymore but when needed it can be applied in about 5 minutes. Shipping a large piece will kill you on cost, even if scored and folded anything over 2'x4' is considered oversize for UPS.
Thanks. Yes the shipping was crazy.

RPD

Do you liquid laminate or don't laminate at all? I'm not familiar with the solvent printer needs.
I don't laminate. I appreciate the helpful comments. New to this. Been looking for a class(s) to go to but can't seem to find anything. Some folks are helpful, some just like to bash. Whatever. Guess I'll figure it out.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Drytac sells a mounter that can also do lamination for a fraction of the cost of a full on laminator. It laminates just fine, but I use it to do 4x8 boards all the time. Hinge it in the middle and do two halves. 5 min. max.
I looked online and saw the drytac one is 18 inches wide?

RPD

Then, you need to learn how to do it. A 4' x 8' panel can be put down by one person in 3 or 4 minutes with the right tools.

With a big squeegee, you can do it in 3 or 4 minutes. With a fat squeegee, you can do it in under 10 minutes. You don't need any fancy expensive tools.

Somewhere on this site texsigns demonstrated using a fat squeegee and how easy it is. The big squeegee is easier yet and the learning curve is about 5 minutes.
Sign me up. Where's the next class? Can't find anything on a company called texsigns.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
A local business owner (not competitor but she has a big printer for tshirts) just came over to ask us to mount a big sign that she just printed herself. One of our installers did it in about 10 minutes. practice makes perfect.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I've searched several chat rooms on here and posted the question of where to get a wholesale 4x8 custom printed coroplast (corrugated) sign and haven't found any threads. Does anyone know where I can get one printed and shipped to me?
I just googled Large Format printers for Loveland, Ohio - several came up.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'm not familiar with any classes. I think most people just learn by trial and error.
I don't laminate. I appreciate the helpful comments. New to this. Been looking for a class(s) to go to but can't seem to find anything. Some folks are helpful, some just like to bash. Whatever. Guess I'll figure it out.
Sorry my question was actually for Bob lol

I don't think you will find any in person classes. Most people either learn on the job or in my case and a few other "one-man shops" we watched YouTube and came on here for help and then just some trial and error. The first time I used the BS I had some bubbles but my print did not get ruined, just took some time to press the bubbles out.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When using the Big Squeegee, bubbles generally come from the surface not being completely flat, while the squeegee is flat and it creates a cupping effect.

We have 4 of them at various sizes. We also have some speed presses, but they're not too much fun on a 4' x 8'.

ikarasu

They're like latex... You're supposed to laminate everything that goes outdoors and is meant to last more than a few months.

So many upsides to laminating, and you buil it into the price... Not sure why anyone would skip out on it for anything but budget signs, no matter the ink technology you're using.

Some ol' dogs are stubborn and doing stuff the way they did 40 years ago and can't learn new tricks though!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Liquid laminate. The liquid provides orders of magnitude more UV protection than vinyl. The liquid is tough, but vinyl is tougher. The most of my clients are not to be found crashing through the brush so it really doesn't matter.

ikarasu

Liquid laminate. The liquid provides orders of magnitude more UV protection than vinyl. The liquid is tough, but vinyl is tougher. The most of my clients are not to be found crashing through the brush so it really doesn't matter.
Do you use a liquid laminator or apply by hand?