• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions 54 or 64???

Thinline343

Hi everyone,
First off I want to say thank you to everyone who posts and contributes to this site it’s been a huge help to a newbie like myself. I’ve fairly new and started a small printing and sign business As a second job about a year ago and have been wanting to get some input on the preference or even pros vs cons between a Roland vg2 54 & 64. I’m looking into a wide format and really wanted to get some insight on limitations I would say. I currently have a large flatbed uv printer and cnc machine. thank you all in advance!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
The minute you buy a 54" you'll get a job that needs the 64. Always go as large as you can practically afford.

Please read some reviews on the VG range of machines. Not a lot of friendly talk on here about people's experiences.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
How can you say you are new And already have a Large Flatbed?
But I do see the market for 54" as well. Of course if you need the full width you do want the 64" but only you know that.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
The minute you buy a 54" you'll get a job that needs the 64. Always go as large as you can practically afford.

Please read some reviews on the VG range of machines. Not a lot of friendly talk on here about people's experiences.

truer word were never spoken.

64" without. a doubt. not just wraps. "across the street" banners for example

victor bogdanov

Might come down to how fast you need it, I was going to buy a 64" VG 2 but ended up with a 30" SG 2 because the wait on the 64" was too long, still waited over a month for the SG2.

Don't quote me on this but when I was talking to the sales guy he mentioned if you order today you might get in January on the 64" machines

victor bogdanov

Wanted to add, don't let anyone dissuade you from the roland VG2/SG2 I've only had for a month but working perfectly, definitely not the first gen the forums are talking about

Thinline343

How can you say you are new And already have a Large Flatbed?
But I do see the market for 54" as well. Of course if you need the full width you do want the 64" but only you know that.

I can see how it sounds but don’t think my equipment is what defines me as experienced or new lol. This started as a hobby and purchased the flatbed from a buddy of mine. I still consider myself still extremely new.

I’m really considering the 64 but just didn’t want to “over due it” if that makes any sense .

I do want to start printing car wraps (not to install more for others to install) and because I’m new in this field I didn’t really know the limitations on a 54. Thanks bud

Thinline343

Wanted to add, don't let anyone dissuade you from the roland VG2/SG2 I've only had for a month but working perfectly, definitely not the first gen the forums are talking about

I appreciate the response. Believe it or not I have been told the exact same thing multiple times.
(It’s not the first generation). I sticking with the Roland just not sure if 54 or 64. ‍♂️

victor bogdanov

I appreciate the response. Believe it or not I have been told the exact same thing multiple times.
(It’s not the first generation). I sticking with the Roland just not sure if 54 or 64. ‍♂️

The price difference is relatively small, that 3k is negligible over the life time of the machine. 64" all the way

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
...I do want to start printing car wraps (not to install more for others to install) and because I’m new in this field I didn’t really know the limitations on a 54. Thanks bud

We doing the Car wrap printing a lot. Most of them Vans, Pick Ups and Sedans. We never have some design or some weird shape of car which should be printed on 60 instead of 54. I told you that as Graphic Designer who makes Tiling the print on surface. More over professional installers prefer to wrap via horizontal stripes because of less sims on this way you can buy 54" and cover any 100" toll Van easy. I believe the material cost for 54 and 60 is same priced by sqft so this isn't a reason, too.