• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

54" Printer Recommendations

trakers

Replacing our current 54" Mutoh printer.

Looking at the Mutoh 1341 SR Pro, but not thrilled with the lack of enthusiasm/followup by our current vendor for this purchase.

Wondering if y'all run other brand printers in similar sizes and your recommendations.

Primary use will be for general sign/banner printing.

rjssigns

If there are other dealers in your town check with them. I buy as local as possible. And make sure they have a good tech at the ready.
That's why I own a Mutoh. Print head died late Thursday with a wrap repair due Friday afternoon. I made the deadline with time to spare.

trakers

I'm in BFE, closest dealer is 2 hours away. They have good techs I think, haven't needed them, but have talked to them several times.

I am going to repair our current unit, but I want a new one as well. We have 2 large for us 10 year old accounts that require a lot of printing in July.

I'm just aggravated no calls or contact from the only equipment salesman this large company appears to have.

10 years ago my salesman was awesome and appreciated I was spending 18 grand. This guy acts like he could care less.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm in BFE, closest dealer is 2 hours away. They have good techs I think, haven't needed them, but have talked to them several times.
In that case I would stay away from Roland and any other brand that requires tech credentials to get into service mode. Mutoh requires it for firmware updates but you can still get into service mode on your own. Mimaki has end user firmware updaters and it's pretty easy to find out how to get into service mode. Epson requires special software for replacing heads but usually you can find it on the internet.

• Informative
Reactions: 2B

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
If there are other dealers in your town check with them. I buy as local as possible. And make sure they have a good tech at the ready.
That's why I own a Mutoh. Print head died late Thursday with a wrap repair due Friday afternoon. I made the deadline with time to spare.
that's an adrenaline rush I hate.

trakers

Thanks for the feedback. I'm awaiting a call from my other vendor to talk about their offerings.