• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

6' x 8' Banner

I have a question for you guys. I have a customer asking me to make them a banner that will be 6' x 8'. I have a 48" mutoh falcon so I obviously can't print this all on one sheet.

What are your thoughts on seaming a banner together with banner tape on the back side? This is going to be hanging in a church sanctuary for about 5 weeks.

I'm worried about:
a. seaming it together correctly.
b. it falling apart before they take it down.

Any alternatives? Maybe a different media that would seam together better. They were hoping for a material that may be a little better quality than banner material. I don't know of anyone local to sub it out to....

kmajid

We had a similar issue a while back. We had to make a 12x12 that was going to be going on truck (parked) and we used 2 inch double sided tape. It held up pretty well and the customer was pretty happy overall. You can set it up in versaworks to print it accordingly so that you can overlap the right parts. We haven't had to do it in a while but i think it has to do with the Clip and Tile options.

Good problem to have...good luck!

I know my flexi program has a tile feature but I have never used it.

I like the suggestion of thicker tape. I ony have 1 inch tape right now. Will need to get some wider stuff.

We are starting to do business in a new city....and I want to make a good impression so good vibes spread out to others....

MikePro

make sure you use heavy banner material/blockout banner material so that the seams don't show up as extremely dark lines through your banner after overlapping.

also added: if they're looking for better quality, there's ultraflex media out there that mimics flag (ultraflag)/and fabric (ultracotton). If you didn't want to sub it out, or weld it, maybe design into the layout an open seam and just hang the 2- 3'x8' or 2-6'x4' 'ers side-by-side?

njshorts

Seaming it may be a good option (we've done it before), but also consider outsourcing... We send our big banners out of house- frees up the machine for other work and provides a higher quality product.

GoodPeopleFlags

Outsource it. Georgia Printco has great prices and does really good work. It's actually cheaper for us to outsource to them than to print in-house.

BRUSHMARKS

We do this all the time. We use 1 1/2" TEC banner tape from fellers. i put a 1" overlap and put tape on back side of the top piece. then line up the design and use masking tape to hold it in place and start on one end and pull backer off tape and stick it down. We have had seemed banner with just tape (no stitching) last for over a year.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I called the customer to give her the price. She only wants to pay $120.00 for the banner. She ordered one last year from some online quick printer (wouldn't tell me who) and so now my price is too high. When I was talking with her she was complaining about the quality of her last printer. I guess you get what you pay for.

Thanks again everyone!