• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

6ft wide white aluminum ?

petepaz

anyone have a source for 6ft wide white aluminum?
replacing an existing sign for our industrial complex and the last guy did the sign in two pieces. trying to get it in in one shot if possible.
i found some satin finish/anodized aluminum 6ft from harbor sales but i would have to mount white vinyl to it. i was hoping to get a white sheet just
add the graphics to it.
.040, .050 or .060 thick. the sign frame has a back to it so the thickness is not a major factor

Moze

Eastern Metal Supply carries 6' x 12' sheets of mill finish....not sure if painting is an option for you.

I think the largest they have pre-finished white is 5' x 10'.

Ditchmiester

I don't know if they have the correct size but you can try Wrisco they are located in wisconsin and have all kinds of aluminum sheets both painted and anodized.

petepaz

I don't know if they have the correct size but you can try Wrisco they are located in wisconsin and have all kinds of aluminum sheets both painted and anodized.

there is a wrisco branch in Edison , nj not too far from me and i already sent a request waiting to hear back

petepaz

thanks.
worst case i just get the mil finish and mount white vinyl to it. that will serve it's purpose just trying to save a step and no have a seam.

petepaz

certainly not as visible as a seam in the metal

i think the vinyl seam will be less noticeable then the aluminum seam but either way i don't think it matters since the last guy did it in two pieces of aluminum and the landlord had no problems
with it. the main thing is that the building directory is clear and noticeable.

qmr55

Harbo has roll stock 3/16" poly but i think it comes in 76" it would have to be trimmed down (the do it there) like $20 bucks a foot