• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

72UVX Error

AdvancePrinting

We have a 72UVX that is not even limping along at the moment. Our major problems have started in the last year. UV power supply, encoder strip, vacuum issues, which are in addition to bad cyan heads. My question is:

Is anyone familiar with the error codes or where we can get a listing of error codes?

What started as an intermittent, maybe once a month, mid run self cancelling has turned into every time for any reason. We get either an error 01100002 or 01100005. Now it won't even run a prime bar without the errors. One thread referenced the 02 error being communication trouble. Is the comm cable a straight/crossover/ or some specialty blend for Colorspans?

Thanks,
Mike

wunder

01100002 means: LVDS Error on Head Board (LVDS Lost Lock)
01100005 means: LVDS Error on Head Board (LVDS Register Access Error)

1st Step check the RAM....you can use one 512MB or 2 pcs 256MB......if you have 1GB Ram you can use too but on start become error ram message ...ignore that all works fine !!!

We solve this Problem by Update the Flash on IO-Board and reset the machine complety.....
Resett complete means......update the Eeproms on Head and OHS-Board and Programm with new Data and same with the IO-Board......

Before we Update the flash we test......follow and no helps same error in all conditions and operation always Cancled by User :banghead:

new Headboard same error
new LVDS Data Cable same error
new E-Box same error

the error safed permanantly on 2 parts.....

The LVDS Datacable is 1:1 Lancable.....

If you need help to Programm all chips new ....feel free to contact me:popcorn:

best regards
wunder

Mspec

respectfully going to dissagree with Wunder. The LVDS cable is a straight through cable, but it only makes use of 4 wires AND the RJ45 connectors are grounded to the cables sheilding, ( So it IS NOT a standard LAN cable ) while you can run for a brief period with a 8 wire cable, those boards are not setup for full duplex traffic, and if / when your off the shelf cable fails it can take out one or both of the IO Board and Headboard depending on what wires you get your short on.

Another potential cause of your communication error can be your carriage drive motor, if the motors bearings are worn it can run at inconsistent speeds and cause you to lose the synch between the IO board and headboard, and excess carbon dust from the brushes can both affect speed control and produce excess RF noise that can cause the same issue. The brushes are easy to remove, pull them out and hit the motor with some compressed air, if the motors shaft movement is rough, replace it.

wunder

Hello Mspec,

yes right is not Standard LAN installed only 4 wire yep !!! but Standard Lan mean 1:1 and not Crossover.

A Customer has change it and 1:1 Kabel CAT 5 used since 2012 and well funktional without any Problems.

best regards
wunder

Mspec

like I said, it will work, but when the internal wires fail you will get opens, or shorts. If the shorts invole the 4 wires that are normally not connected it CAN damage one or both boards depending on how the cable fails.

Just because a workaround does work, it does not mean that it is a long term fix. Your customer should be happy that it has worked for this long, and get a proper cable installed.

signstudio

Premium Subscriber
Having this issue - 72UVR

Hi,

Sorry for posting to such an old thread but I am getting both of these errors on our 72UVR. 01100002, 01100005

This started about a month ago and at that time we swapped out the ram and reseated all of the cables and it cleared up. I have tested with a different ethernet cable to the head (oem colorspan cable), I have checked and cleaned the encoder strip and checked belt tension and tightened the belt. Any help would be appreciated. Also if anyone has the service manual that describes each error code that would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

Mark

KudzuKenny

Hey, Mark. Any play on your question? We have a 5460 with similar communication errors. Instead of an OEM videonet cable, we're using a switch with standard Cat6 cables. Our tech support seems to think that it's an Onyx Software issue, but haven't heard back on that diagnosis. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

Kister

Colorspan 98uvx 01200006 error

Hi Guys,

I have a colorspan 98 uvx printer.
The printer stops during printing, when the following error message 01200006.

Can somebody help me?
What do I do?

Tx

wunder

Hi Guys,

I have a colorspan 98 uvx printer.
The printer stops during printing, when the following error message 01200006.

Can somebody help me?
What do I do?

Tx

Clean up your encoder stripe and reader ! if this not fix your problem you need to be replace the encoder stripe and best directly the reader too.

Kister

Hi Wunder,

Thanks your answer.
I changed the encoder strip, but the problem is not solved.
I attached a picture about the prime, it is very interesting.
attachment.php

If I change the encoder strip reader, is the problem solved?

Attachments

• IMG_20160113_162759.jpg
    IMG_20160113_162759.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 241

wunder

If you change the Encoder Reader it can be solve your Problem.....but cant be guarantee !

This failure can be come from different Parts....Headboard FIFO overflow (too much data sent to Headboard, or twofew encoder pulses while printing) aso aso.....

can be thats 1 or more Printhead are electronic demage....so gives wrong data back to Headboard.......many things to check.

Begin with encoder reader & stripe. next bring machine back to factory defaults....next checkout the Printheads...start it with the first up to 16 so see if this the troublemaker.

All test not helps need to replace the Headboard....thats it.