• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

8' tall panel saw???

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Why? If it's to be able to rip an 8' sheet just rotate the saw 90 degrees.

Saw Trax

They do exist! We offer panel saws with vertical cut heights up to 100 inches. Our FS100SM panel saw offers a 10ft wide frame with 100 in cross (vertical) cut.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have a 76" x 120" saw trax for 17 years and for the life of me, I cannot figure how I.... or any other person in our shop could cut something over 8' tall ?? Must you get on a chair or something ?? Like mentioned, why not just turn it on it's side and go from there ?? Once you get to the tippy top, won't you be too far away to have a safe hold on things ??

I'm not downing your saws, as I really like ours, but I don't see how it can work at 100".

Saw Trax

Gino's correct - it is a huge panel saw. We developed the 100" size to fit a need for exhibit houses and prop companies that needed a way to process 8 x 10 acrylic sheets and foam panels. Panels this size, especially acrylic, are typically a special order item only. Companies building walk in freezers also need this size for building their insulated wall panels. You have to use a handle (included with the saw) along with a trigger lock to reach the top. For the specific applications mentioned above it really fits their needs. For most other shops your long cut is made with the saw on the horizontal and the shorter side is cut vertically. Most sign shops never see a panel over 5x10 and would not need a 100" vertical panel saw to process those sheets.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A handle with a trigger lock. Still doesn't sound like a good set up, but if it's going into a place where a specified person uses it, I guess they would be trained for all kindsa possible hiccups.

At over 6', ours works out beautifully because a lot of our stuff comes in 72".

Can a saw from 1999 use some of those new features without any hassle ??​

Saw Trax

Gino - the current inserts are compatible as long as you have the quick release pins on the top of the carriage instead of the face - see the pic. The design changed around that time. Most other parts are compatible though so, even with older saws, new parts and options can be added. We try to keep the design consistent even with upgrades that we incorporate.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Carriage release pins.jpg
    Carriage release pins.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 445

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
A handle with a trigger lock. Still doesn't sound like a good set up, but if it's going into a place where a specified person uses it, I guess they would be trained for all kindsa possible hiccups.

At over 6', ours works out beautifully because a lot of our stuff comes in 72".

Can a saw from 1999 use some of those new features without any hassle ??​
Gino you just have to hire the right man to handle the saw
sawman.jpg

wayne k
guam usa