• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

8' x 16' Signfoam

Henry Petit

I am looking for recommendations on how to reinforce the seams for a sign this size. It will have one horizontal seam and atleast one vertical seam. Or any other related input. Thanks.

3dsignco

We do it both ways as Marlene and KAS said except I just use Biscuts and West Systems. Your joint will be stronger then the material itself.
I would personally add some steel or alum. Stiffeners along the whole sign leanth as to not have it break some where else just from its own weight.

wimbley

Biscuit joiner...

and probond and then clamped... Leave over night and Voila! Definately have some braces on the backside on something that large!

Cheers!

openwood

what is the thickness of the panel? sometimes we will rout out the back of the sign and inlay ply-wood to support the foam and give it strength.I also biscut the panels together with marine grade epoxy.is the panel routed and/or sandblasted?

Good luck

Brian