• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

8' x 8' backdrop

Farid

Hi I recently started the printing and sign business. I have a 54" printer. I have got a few inquiries recently for 8' x 8' backdrops. I had to turn them down because my printer supports only 54" width. Is it possible to join 2 pieces of scrim vinyl and make it 8' tall. if yes what should i use to join them. Is it even recommended or should I outsource it?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Outsource or search for "banner welder" on eBay and the like. You can get units that you 'walk' along the floor and melt the two pieces of PVC together in a straight line.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
HH66 banner glue - all day, every day. Smooth flat with minimal drama (after some practice).

Last edited:

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Hi I recently started the printing and sign business. I have a 54" printer. I have got a few inquiries recently for 8' x 8' backdrops. I had to turn them down because my printer supports only 54" width. Is it possible to join 2 pieces of scrim vinyl and make it 8' tall. if yes what should i use to join them. Is it even recommended or should I outsource it?
If you are going to make it yourself but double sided tape or banner tape, you might want to make sure you print on matte banner material. The shiny will be a glare problem for photos.

ABA Visibility Products

Premium Subscriber

You can certainly double side tape it or use HH66. Either will work well. If you'd like a seamless print, give us a call and we'll take care of you. We can print this on matte banner or on fabric. Give Bryan or Cathy a call at 801-305-1655 or email sales@abacatalog.com.

Thanks!