• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

800 w - White ink Issue

Simon Peach

I have tried a few optically clear films over the years on different printers, nothing got close to lintecs, until they bring out a new one for Latex, I’ll stick to running it on my UV

FrankLacroix

I have tried a few optically clear films over the years on different printers, nothing got close to lintecs, until they bring out a new one for Latex, I’ll stick to running it on my
The same goes for me. I would like to use my uv mimaki with onyx rip. My results are not up to par.

FrankLacroix

Hi all,

We've had our 800w installed for a week now and have just produced a large run on our optically clear PET film. - Its solid white in the centre fading into clear.

The issue is where the ink is solid white, it scratches clean off with the squeegee, we've used a couple of different types of squeegee, soft edges etc. - Just comes clean off.

Is there anything to be done with curing, heat etc to resolve this? - I'm new to HP machines and the manual; isn't giving me much info on adjustments.
Is the transparent scratching?