• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

_

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How about some more then ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Let go of the ellipsis. That ain't funny to me when you use them negatively.

mpn

I think it's your product you're slinging. MX kits are super competitive and proper material is expensive (as you know). I don't know what equipment you're running but I'd bet there's no flat bed cutting system involved. Most people won't pay for a good kit especially with the quality that's available from some of the top paces at their price point. Good luck.

ProSignTN

I'm good. My ole time indicator of when the economy is good is if vanity businesses are opening, ala 'designer cookies', "BOUTIQUES" (how did we ever dress ourselves), freakin homemade pet snack shops, like brownies for your dog. My little town is brimming with these types of businesses. If times were hard then few would venture. When we are able to afford these luxuries that are beyond 'food, clothing, shelter' then we are living in prosperity.

Presidential policy works over years and decades, not days or weeks and the eventual ramifications of these policies and immediately known. Some policy decisions take many years to mastistsize. Eisenhower built thousands of miles of interstate highway, but I don't think he had any idea these projects would separate multitudes of Black communities from White communities. Did Eisenhower invent the ghetto, NO, he could not have possibly foreseen the future. Clinton wanted every American to be able to own their own home, the 'American Dream'. He made it way to easy to do so and we had a housing crash a few years later.

Point is, educate yourself on the history of this great nation and the people how have dedicated and sacrificed themselves for it. Rise above the rhetoric and bullshit and understand who we are.

If you deliver a quality product with good service at a reasonable price in the United States of America then you will succeed. Ain't many places you can say that about.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
How about some more then ........ -.............-................................................-............................................................-..............................................................-.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
-.-- --- ..- / -.. ..- -- -... / .- ... ...

ikarasu

Our company lost 2 contracts within 2 years with a total 1.5 million combined in sales. (Nothing we did, license plate validation decals which we produced were phased out as well as another big contract)

2021 sucked...we went from extremely profitable to losing 30k. 2022 we broke even, still sucked, 2023 we were busier than ever and almost back to where we were pre- contract loss. So far 2024 has been busier than ever as well.

It's easy to blame COVID, or politics... It's even easy to blame shitty management / ownership. But sometimes shit happens.... And pulling yourself out of a rut is up to you and your company. You can sit around and cry about it.... Or you can take a hard look at your business and figure out why it isn't working, and pivot to a direction that will keep you running.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Oh man what a train wreck. Even with all the back-peddling and deleted posts, that was still a brutal read.

To the OP - if you're struggling so much with your sales, time to find a new product/market. You're selling copyright decal kits at a "non-profit" rate - what do you expect, seriously?

I feel bad that you came here with a simple question/conversation and got dragged through the mud - hopefully you can read between the insults and realize it's time to do something else. Not saying you should get out of the business, just saying maybe you shouldn't be selling commodity graphics with unlicensed art at cost. Just sayin', if everyone is saying what you're doing is nuts, maybe what you're doing is nuts.

Hope the rest of the year goes better for you, sincerely.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Our company lost 2 contracts within 2 years with a total 1.5 million combined in sales. (Nothing we did, license plate validation decals which we produced were phased out as well as another big contract)

2021 sucked...we went from extremely profitable to losing 30k. 2022 we broke even, still sucked, 2023 we were busier than ever and almost back to where we were pre- contract loss. So far 2024 has been busier than ever as well.

It's easy to blame COVID, or politics... It's even easy to blame shitty management / ownership. But sometimes shit happens.... And pulling yourself out of a rut is up to you and your company. You can sit around and cry about it.... Or you can take a hard look at your business and figure out why it isn't working, and pivot to a direction that will keep you running.

Sorry to hear about losing your big contracts, I feel for you guys. We lost our biggest customer when covid hit and they decided to bring production in house. (Not blaming them, or covid. Just a business decision they made)
Our sales were way down during covid (mostly as a result of losing our biggest customer) but we qualified for a ton of subsidies and grants/loans etc. Rode that wave through all of covid and now it's time to bring things back to better than they were. Last year our sales were way up from even pre-covid, but profit margin was crap. Too many outsourced products with not enough markup. This year is a slow start but we're determined to beat last year and have some profits left over.

Hope everyone has a good, profitable year! Back to work for me.

Johnny Best

And not only is the OP losing money, he even is doing badly with the members on here. Could be his personality is not up to par with making money.

Signarama Jockey

8davwj.jpg

DL Signs

Never go against the family
2023 was an incredibly great, possibly a record year. January isn't over yet, and we already have jobs stacked up months out. 2024 should be as good, or better if it keeps up at this pace. :toasting:

ikarasu

Were you in on the whole 'reflective plates that can't be seen' fiasco a few years back?
Nope... That was eastern Canada, were western.

We used to do all of the countries license plates but lost that job to the east a decade ago.

We still print (or did) all the insurance decals with expiration dates and stuff.... That's what the province canceled.

I heard the non viewable reflective stuff was a 3m issue though, so that would have been us if we were the ones still doing it!