• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A few questions on efficiency with new HP Latex printer

Stacey K

I like making signs
So far things are progressing pretty well. I have a few questions though, feeling a little unorganized...

1. If you have multiple jobs to print, do you get them all set-up in their individual files then copy and paste into a blank file to print? Or is there some kind of option to add a few at a time with a few clicks?

2. Is it best to organize your prints then print first thing when you arrive or before you leave? Latex so no need to wait for it to dry. I'm just one person so I will likely print daily but not all day.

3. In Flexi - isn't there an option for these? Rotate and flip? Not to be lazy but it's quite handy.
1643233488811.png

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I don't have latex printer, or flexi. However.
2. In the morning I'll prep what I have and get to printing. For things that come in later in the day, I'll prep and get ripped so its ready for the next day.

Nesting jobs together when possible - absolutely. If they are going on the same material, and lam why not.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The answer to 1 is simply add the jobs into the production manager individually, select all the jobs you want to print at the same time, then just right click and select, "Nest." Flexi will nest them for you but you can go in and rearrange them if you want.

Scotchbrite

No comment
I'm real leery about leaving the printer running overnight. There are times we do leave it running if it hasn't finished a big print job and we're ready to go home. Mostly we only run it while someone is here.

You are definitely better off if you can run the prints all at the same time if you can group them that way.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'm real leery about leaving the printer running overnight. There are times we do leave it running if it hasn't finished a big print job and we're ready to go home. Mostly we only run it while someone is here.

You are definitely better off if you can run the prints all at the same time if you can group them that way.

Not to mention the rolls aren’t exactly light to be changed a few times a day. Still trying to figure out how to store them. Funny I rearranged the shop and thought I’d have plenty of room…not! Lol

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Not to mention the rolls aren’t exactly light to be changed a few times a day. Still trying to figure out how to store them. Funny I rearranged the shop and thought I’d have plenty of room…not! Lol
Good thing you still have a weight-lifting son at home. Full roll of 54" banner can get pretty heavy if it is the good stuff.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Good thing you still have a weight-lifting son at home. Full roll of 54" banner can get pretty heavy if it is the good stuff.
It's about 80lbs. I find myself grunting like a weight lifter when I have to lift them.

mjames

Premium Subscriber
So far things are progressing pretty well. I have a few questions though, feeling a little unorganized...

1. If you have multiple jobs to print, do you get them all set-up in their individual files then copy and paste into a blank file to print? Or is there some kind of option to add a few at a time with a few clicks?

2. Is it best to organize your prints then print first thing when you arrive or before you leave? Latex so no need to wait for it to dry. I'm just one person so I will likely print daily but not all day.

3. In Flexi - isn't there an option for these? Rotate and flip? Not to be lazy but it's quite handy.
View attachment 157584
Nesting jobs saves time and material. I create my files in another program besides FLEXI and assign cut lines, etc. FLEXI has a feature to nest files. Unless you have a real heavy duty cutter/plotter you will have issues with cutting accuracy. I don't run prints in long lengths that require contour cutting.

Scotchbrite

No comment
We just let them stand on end. We do have a homemade rack, but the only rolls in the rack are the ones we rarely use.