• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A Good Overseas CNC Router Table

Jims Signs

Good Day All

I was wondering if any members had advice / experience with the Chinese made CNC router tables out there on the market? I am looking to purchase a machine and had previously owned a AXYZ about 10 years ago, which I had bought second-hand.

Thanks!

JaySea20

This has been covered Soooo many times. You can find lots of info on here and also just googling it. The basic Idea is that Chinese machines are not all bad. But, You can bet on receiving ZERO Support. Unless you know how to troubleshoot, and repair the machine yourself, then you should probably stay away from the Chinese machines. I have two 5x10 chinese routers ( Different Brands ). Both of which took alot of work soon after purchase to get up and running. And the companies we purchased from did not help at all.

AXYZ are great machines with tons of info on the internet. That makes it simple to ask google about an issue with that machine. Dont expect to get a single result when you search for a Chinese machine.

Gene@mpls

You could buy a Chinese machine from a US company who imports them. Not quite as cheap of course, but they speak English. A couple are Automation Tech in Chicago and Hytek tools in Minnesota. I have bought lasers from both and they sell CNCs.

axelmk

Last Year We evaluated several machines among them, an iEcho (Chinese) with US, at the end we decided for a COLEX Sharpcut 5x10.
Their Support has been outstanding, machine runs like a charm. Price point was 80-100K (depending on the options you choose)
The frames are manufactured in China but all the electronics and mechanical are assembled in NJ. The owner is a German Gentleman with a lot of experience. Go visit them in NJ, you will not regret it. if you have any other questions, feel free to send me a message or call.
Best of Luck
Axel

henryz

If you are looking for a less expensive machine, buy a used like you did in the past, or like others said buy a lower cost machine sold here in the States like Camaster, Shopbot or Laguna at least you will have tech support over the phone and find trouble shooting on Google.

Sandman

I myself have a EZ Router and they are very solid for a lower priced router. My 5x10 weighs 1800 pounds. Watch out for Laguna. I'm on the CNC tips forum on Facebook and there was just a big discussion on Laguna routers. The guy paid $25,000 up front in October and still no router. My tech guy bought 2 Chinese Routers and they run great, but he is knowledgeable enough to build his own so he spec'd his out from top to bottom and had to order 4 of them but he got them for under $9,000 each (plus freight) and just sold 2.

John Miller

If you are looking for a less expensive machine, buy a used like you did in the past, or like others said buy a lower cost machine sold here in the States like Camaster, Shopbot or Laguna at least you will have tech support over the phone and find trouble shooting on Google.
We run a 5x10 Laguna with ATC, bought it in 2012, it's been a great machine and the tech support was top shelf when we were learning how to run it.

letterworks

Premium Subscriber
I have a Chinese 5x10 router of 2010 vintage that I bought used. There is a little bit of support for them, although that varies by company, but I have seen factory techs over here to help setup machines so that is probably an option too but pricey compared to the machines. Research the brands over on CNCzone as some do have zero support and some are better.

My other shop, run by my brother, bought direct from Omnicnc in china, 5x10 with ATC and syntec control which was same as the used machine had.....they run very similarly and in general are simple machines mechanically which is a plus. They are also basically a method of dumping steel for the chinese so their weight is in the "heavy iron" class of machines which can itself sometimes be helpful for vibration dampening.

As said above, buying one direct is best done by someone who could build one themselves or retrofit it if needed. Shipping costs might be an issue right now too.

In general, a US reseller or US manufacture is a better choice for many (US manufacture will not be as heavy as the Chinese built but can be competitive price wise with resellers). If I went that route, I would look at Techno CNC as they pivoted to Chinese supplied CNCs but have been selling machines since the 80s (Techno Isel back then) and seem to be doing well and I don't expect them to shut the doors any time soon, as well as Cammaster, shopsabre, CNT motion, and maybe a few others. AXYZ, Multicam are bigger names, but you are mostly paying more for a good set of options and broader tech support through a dealer network.