• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little help with some clipart...

Onri97477

I have looked here at "signs 101" and in all my art books and I cant find this "Ol boy" anywhere. It is for a "BUTCHER" sign. My customer makes the best "Elk Jerky" around. I would like to make him happy. This is for a vinyl sign.
Mahalo!

Attachments

• butchart72dpi.bmp
    1.1 KB · Views: 201

gvgraphics

Here is his pic.

Attachments

• butchart72dpi.jpg
    butchart72dpi.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 157

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Wish I could....this was done about 40 years ago by one of you "ol hand leterers" God bless you, one and all:thumb:
Still hoping for an answer though.
Thanks

It would seem that you answered your own question. If it was done 40 years ago, that predates digital clipart by 20 to 25 years. Send it to the Vector Doctor and for very little money your problem is solved.

3mpainter

It would seem that you answered your own question. If it was done 40 years ago, that predates digital clipart by 20 to 25 years. Send it to the Vector Doctor and for very little money your problem is solved.
i always thought [wondered] why most vector art looks old like from the 40s to 60s

Onri97477

are you scanning the pic or is it a picture?
Scanned, I know its a longshot, but I think I have seen this butcher around on Business cards and such. They have had photographic clipart for 30 to 40 years. Someone might have converted it to digital.

Onri97477

Scanned, I know its a longshot, but I think I have seen this butcher around on Business cards and such. They have had photographic clipart for 30 to 40 years. Someone might have converted it to digital.
Sorry, they also have this thing on a business card, thats what I scanned it of of, just dont know who did it. Sorry for not being more clear. The one on the sign is painted and the business card had to be from clipart, they would'nt have paid the dough to get the image for a business card.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
If there is one on the sign, then take a picture of that or make a better scan of the card and hand trace it....I've thumbed through a few printers ornament books for the 40's -50's and I can't seem to find that exact one but there are plenty of old school butcher clipart in that style.

OldPaint

art today....hasa lot of the old 20's-40's tpye add art.
i have it on CD....i got from them when it was ZEDCOR...
15 cds of all that old DOVER type clipart.

S

Sign-Man Signs

What Fred Said... Vector Doctor.

ndemond

Kind of looks like the old Mayrose man...
"The finest meats maam are Mayrose"

Nancy

"Just another day in Paradise"

TheSnowman

You'll wanna check w/ him to see if he can do anything w/ it bein' that small...but he is pretty amazing...and VERY good pricing.

OldPaint

i knew i seen that before...
PIGLLY WIGLLY LOGO
go images GOOGLE piglly wiglly.....and its there and i think years ago a MEAT PACKER, like, HORMEL/ARMOUR/SWIFT some brand name used that logo......