• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A starting place...

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
We are designing a wrap for our shop vehicles and would like to have an effect like the vehicle had been by a huge ink CMYK colored drop of ink and ink is splattered across the hood and the front fenders. I know there are ways to do generic ink splats and such but I would love this to be dramatic like one big freakin' water balloon has hit the front of the car. How would you approach this one? Are there photoshop plugins out there that can do that sort of effect or are we going to have to start from scratch and make it?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The most authentic way would be to take four balloons as you mentioned, fill each one up with the four colors, but use paint instead and throw them at your vehicle. You can't get any more realistic that that !!

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
OK Malkin... Thanks alot. I just killed 30 minutes of perfectly productive time laughing my tail off at other shirts on that site. AWESOME STUFF! The CMYK-F5 Tornado is a great inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

copythat

That's HOT

I once had brochures deigned by an in-house artist. (Bo'sart) He did the concept of the CMYK paint spilling out of paint cans on top of the earth. Looked really amazing. That page headline said.

"Let Us Color Your World"

Oh yeah back then we used to charge $3.50 per color copy. : )

Patrick46

lay a huge sheet of blank paper out on yer shop floor, and nail it with a cup of paint, then take a pic of. Heck, you can do a bunch of them and pic the ones you like best!

sounds like messy fun!! (bring your 'significant other' and roll around in it when you're done!! ;)

Flame

To be honest... I'd think of something else. I've seen this done before more than once, and even another local shop here did an effect like that. It's been done a few times over and it's really not that attractive.

OldPaint

I once had brochures deigned by an in-house artist. (Bo'sart) He did the concept of the CMYK paint spilling out of paint cans on top of the earth. Looked really amazing. That page headline said.

"Let Us Color Your World"

Oh yeah back then we used to charge $3.50 per color copy. : )
gee would that fall under copywrite infringment??? hehehehehhe
http://www.pittspainting.com/
or this:

Attachments

• sherwin-williams-logo-paint.jpg
    sherwin-williams-logo-paint.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 82