• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A thing that pi**es me off... a little bit

reQ

I think there is a special place in hell for shops who decide to not laminated digital printed decals & install them on vehicles that way, then let it bake for 5+ years & try remove them after :))
Had another older Fire Department truck that i had to decal. Had to remove old decals and yeah, not laminated digital reflective is fun to work with as always. But its MUCH easier to remove if it was properly laminated.

P.S. That place in Hell has to be right next to another place there, where all shops go who apply massive amounts for freaking primer94 on vehicles, because why not?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
One does not laminate prints in order to make it easier for you to remove them.

reQ

One does not laminate prints in order to make it easier for you to remove them.
All vehicles decals have to be laminated by default, especially if you do emergency vehicles, no? Maybe im doing something wrong, but all my digital stuff is always getting laminated if it goes on vehicles.

wes70

I'm surprised that the prints aren't laminated, especially fire department vehicles, when they are subjected to harsh conditions and constant washes.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
UV prints or true solvent prints wouldn't necessarily require laminate, and plotter cut vinyl wouldn't either. Nor would many screen printed graphics.
With or without a laminate, reflective is usually gonna be a mofo to remove.

reQ

Thing with reflective, if its cut reflective or laminated reflective, i can usually peel it off with little bit of heat, if its not laminated, it rips in pieces & good luck removing it as 1 piece :)

How i remove decals here:

1) Peel vinyl off
2) Spray adhesive remover & let it soak
3) 1800 PSI pressure washer cleans it off like magic

reQ

Anyone send them out to an autobody shop for cleaning?
So far did it once with super old camper decals. They were all cracked up, looked like dry dirt in desert lol. Did not even try peeling myself

rjssigns

Not looking forward to our next removal. Previous shop put large 4 mil logos on a van. Stuff is cracked right down to the paint.:covereyes:

jfiscus

Rap Master
Looking through my window currently at a semi trailer entirely wrapped with spray-laminated super thin crappy vinyl that the guys are just beginning to wrestle off. We see a lot of these, but I've NEVER seen any fire truck graphics produced that way.

Thing with reflective, if its cut reflective or laminated reflective, i can usually peel it off with little bit of heat, if its not laminated, it rips in pieces & good luck removing it as 1 piece :)

How i remove decals here:

1) Peel vinyl off
2) Spray adhesive remover & let it soak
3) 1800 PSI pressure washer cleans it off like magic

Do you ever mess around with eraser wheels? They work wonders on old reflective and really old vinyl in general when all else fails.

TimToad

Do you ever mess around with eraser wheels? They work wonders on old reflective and really old vinyl in general when all else fails.

We will use the MBX Remover machine on the really tough stuff, but only after releasing ourselves from any liability for damage to the paint job.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
All vehicles decals have to be laminated by default, especially if you do emergency vehicles, no? Maybe im doing something wrong, but all my digital stuff is always getting laminated if it goes on vehicles.

Maybe so - what he is saying is the laminate isn't on there for the purpose of easy removal.....it is on there for ink protection/uv protection.

Split76

thats the only thing that stops me from using it. I am paranoid that i will burn the paint

we have used 3M eraser wheel for many years without any damage. It's last resort but works always. Stay away from plastic with it and you'll be fine :)

bulldozer

we charge extra for lamination, and you wouldn't be surprised how many people don't like paying extra.

T_K

we charge extra for lamination, and you wouldn't be surprised how many people don't like paying extra.

We've never given customers an option of lamination for vehicle graphics. You get it laminated, or you don't get it from us.

The only vehicle graphic I remember ever not laminating was a window perf that would only be on for a 2-day fundraiser marathon. And it was a friend of the boss plus a good customer, so we cut her a deal to make it cheap as possible.