• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A Yellow Pages question - sort of

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
Telecom, Credit, TV all are auto renew services. The successful companies I work with do annual evaluations on all services, whether in contract or not. Sometimes it pays to break contracts.

BTW I do sell YP.com and many other online advertising. I just hate the advice of building a Roof with out a Foundation and Walls. Never leads to long term success and always increases cost. Like I said I just gave the forum a little preview of what needs to be done 1st.

Hero Signs

I am buying a sign shop this month, the Bank has delayed the process a few days but physical advertising is not much different than internet advertising and vise versa. I like working with my hands. I need another income stream to be honest, stocks suck right now. Coming from marketing consulting you have to present the best option even if it is not your company's service, because long term you will never keep the client.

Working with advertising agencies they are only focused on large accounts and from the headache stand point I know why. I am looking at being an entire marketing company for small business who produces their own products and services. Now I will still have to outsource a few things, but not many.

Techman

Working with advertising agencies they are only focused on large accounts and from the headache stand point I know why. I am looking at being an entire marketing company for small business who produces their own products and services. Now I will still have to outsource a few things, but not many.

The first thing will need to do is lose all that hype fed to you from the great evil empire. You have all the terminology but none of the real world experience. None of which the empire spews will work because their numbers are skewed via statistical analysis geared to prove something that does not exist.

I believe you are in for a rough time relearning a real world trade because selling and building a real sign is not the same as selling a YP ad.

Hero Signs

I am going to get more involved on the production end and learn some tricks of the trade. And expanding products, services. Company image, presence and branding are currently in the works.

Basically I have to put some time in on the company get 1 more full timer then I will solely focused on sales. For my internet advertising this opens up a whole new book of business and relationships. From here the possibilities are open. (I have an 18 page business plan, it is thought out.) I just can not move on certain aspects until I assume ownership. Plus I need to learn what the company is doing fully right now before making changes.

My wife will be running the business operations and adding to the graphic design.

Brief bio: Both the wife and I are Army Officers (vets), She has an MBA, I just sell people services to make them more $.

Hero Signs

The first thing will need to do is lose all that hype fed to you from the great evil empire. You have all the terminology but none of the real world experience. None of which the empire spews will work because their numbers are skewed via statistical analysis geared to prove something that does not exist.

I believe you are in for a rough time relearning a real world trade because selling and building a real sign is not the same as selling a YP ad.

Been there done that, have the T-shirt. My advertising career is enabling to buy a company. You must not have read my previous posts, more information was given than the "evil empire" information. I can see the BS when I am standing in it or observing.

Tell me where I have sold some BS to this forum or anyone? It does not or will not ever exist.

I will gladly back my stance on 3rd party information and not any "Evil Empire's"

The problem is Techman you have never talked to anyone of my caliber about marketing. I will gladly evaluate your company, and then you can tell the forum for yourself I am legit.

Hero Signs

Techman, I am always up for a challenge.

But wait you are sitting on a cool $6.8 million in the bank, $2.2 in securities and $5 mil in commercial real estate and would never waste a precious breathe on me. Sorry I forgot.

Colin

Well they offered me a pretty good deal for the on-line listing with logo & web link and better search results, so I'm trying it for a year. It's only costing me $9.00 more per month over what I'm paying this year. If it doesn't work, I'll cancel it for the following year.

Thanks for the input.

CentralSigns

Well they offered me a pretty good deal for the on-line listing with logo & web link and better search results, so I'm trying it for a year. It's only costing me $9.00 more per month over what I'm paying this year. If it doesn't work, I'll cancel it for the following year.

Thanks for the input.

The online listing is free, it's the web listing your paying for. The only way they can compete with other forms of advertising is to go online as welll as paper.

Colin

The online listing is free, it's the web listing your paying for.

Yes, plus my logo (50 x 100 px) will appear in the list, as well as a 70 x 140 px logo on a separate "profile" page; both of which will link to my web site. I will also show up earlier in search results.

The only way they can compete with other forms of advertising is to go online as well as paper.

Yes, I think they know that the days of the phone book are numbered.

The Sales Guy

Yellow pages

I use YP as a way to find potential leads, but as for potential customer looking for a sign shop through yellow pages..:noway::noway:.....like you said the majority of people will google it.