• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Abstract light painting. Vector / Hi res? (drawing a blank on search terms)

Logoadv

We are redoing van wraps for a customer where a previous shop used some VERY low res background images that simply look terrible. I've tried to talk the customer into other graphics but they refuse to change. They know what they are getting, but it still isn't work I'm happy to produce.

Here is the background image. On side is blue, the other red. There is a good chance both are recolored from another original image which is causing tineye and google reverse image search to not find it.

Does anyone have a better clue for search terms, or perhaps knows of an image catalog with a very similar image we can purchase?
I'd also be happy to redraw it in vector format, but my rough attempts so far really don't look right.

redwave.jpg
bluewave.jpg

Logoadv

Look at auroragraphics.net

We have purchased from them and the print quality is great.
Thanks TG, I just took a look through their catalog. I can't say I'm impressed with Aurora Graphics. I recall a shop I worked at around 10 years ago having some of their CDs, but wow... what a load of garbage clipart. Tons of bad 3d models and wannabe fast and furious style wraps. Is there still a market for tribal flames with barbed wire and lightning bolts and flying skulls?

Logoadv

I just gave up searching and figured out how to make my own in Illustrator. Probably not the best use of my time but think it came out alright. Will need to adjust color in photoshop a bit.
bluewave2.jpg

oksigns

Don't short change yourself.. the product of your labor will get the job done and ensure a quality end product. The awful reality is that most of these things were created as one offs and a fare amount of time were poorly made.

Would you mind sharing how you built those shapes in Illustrator?

Logoadv

Don't short change yourself.. the product of your labor will get the job done and ensure a quality end product. The awful reality is that most of these things were created as one offs and a fare amount of time were poorly made.

Would you mind sharing how you built those shapes in Illustrator?

Sure. Honestly it's just a few shapes repeated and altered slightly, and a few curves that use variable width profiles, and either radial or linear gradients. The trickiest bit was playing with feathering and layer transparency set to screen or lighten until it achieved the effect I wanted.
wavelines.jpg