• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Admin username and password HP Latex 800W

DeeDBLu

I for the life of me cannot figure out how to setup an admin username and password. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Access the printer IP with web browser and select some security setting from the left.
It will force you to set it. For the sake of the service guy, I would set it to something simple... like admin.

DeeDBLu

Access the printer IP with web browser and select some security setting from the left.
It will force you to set it. For the sake of the service guy, I would set it to something simple... like admin.
See when I do that it's almost as if there is one set already and I don't know what it is. Just asks for the credentials but doesn't give me an option to set a user name/ password.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
See when I do that it's almost as if there is one set already and I don't know what it is. Just asks for the credentials but doesn't give me an option to set a user name/ password.
Then it's already set probably by the installer. If it's not admin admin, contact who ever installed it.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
If that doesn't work, you'll need to do a factory reset to enter new ones... But it's different for each model. Contact HP support, and see if they can walk you through it.

ikarasu

Don't factory reset... You'll lose all your profiles ( unless I'm wrong?)

Get the service pin, or get your tech to come and enter it. It'll tell you what the username and password is.

DeeDBLu

Hey thanks guys! Several limitations faced as I am based out of Bermuda. The company I work for wanted to save a couple bucks and bought the printed through an import company so yeah... Printer just showed up one day and I did the installation although was never prompted to set up a username and password.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If that is true then someone at your company has set it. It doesn't come preset from factory.
Can be reset in service menu.