• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Tech Support is SOOOO Helpful, (sarcasm)

Joe Diaz

So I don't use adobe products too often. With the way the internet trends are going, I'm not getting too many requests for flash on websites anymore. Flash is something I strongly defended on this forum even. But because of it's uncertian future, I don't think I'll be upgrading. My version of CS3 will have to do.

So I've upgraded my computer to windows 7 a while back, I've just now needed to use flash to update an old site. So I tried installing flash. First thing I did was go to adobe's website and try to download the install files from their site. That didn't work. Their is a button to download it but nothing happens in one browser, and in another browser it says the link is broken.

Soooo, luckily I have the old install files on a hard drive somewhere and I was able to track that down. I installed the program, restarted my computer, and tried clicking on the application's icon. Nothing happened. tried a few other things, re installed it tried a few more things. Still nothing. I went to the internet googled it, tried a few suggestions. Nothing. So I went to adobe's tech support section of their site and I started a chat session with a fellow named Ramesh.

So as many of you probably already know, When you contact support on their site, you first fill out a form explaining your problem. My problem is I can't start flash cs3 on my computer. I explain what system I'm on... etc etc. Apparently filling out this info is a waste of time since they don't seem to read any of it.

Here is how it went down:

Ramesh: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.
Ramesh: May I please have your email address registered with Adobe while I review your request?
Joe:----------------------------
Ramesh: Thank you, please allow me 2-3 minutes to pull out your account details and go through your query.
Ramesh: Thank you for your time, could you please help me with the serial number of your Adobe product?
Joe: -------------------------------------------------
Ramesh: Thank you, please allow me a moment.
Joe: I can't even get to the point where I would enter the serial number. I can't start the program at all.
Ramesh: Ok, please allow me a moment, let me check.
Ramesh: Ok, please launch the product, go to Help > Activate to enter the serial number.
Joe: I can't launch the product to get to the help. It won't start at all. I click on the adobe flash cs3 professional icon and nothing happens.
Ramesh: Ok, for this issue. I request you to visit our forums at www.forums.adobe.com
Joe: wow that was helpful
Joe: that last one was sarcasm by the way.
Ramesh: I'm sorry Joe, but this is a pretty old product and for the issue you are facing I request you to visit our forums.
Joe: let me ask you this: Perhaps my installer is messed up. I tried downloading a new one yesterday on the adobe site and the link was broken, can you point me to where I can install a fresh new copy of cs3 and I can try that?
Ramesh: I'm sorry Joe, I do not expertise in this issue. I've checked your serial number and it has no issues on the activation servers. So, I request you to kindly visit our forums.
Joe: you don't have a link where I can install a new copy of cs3?
Ramesh: No, but you can search on our forums.
Joe: The download link on your site dosn't work.
Ramesh: I'm sorry Joe.
Joe: I"ve been on the forums. Do your job, you're technical support.
Ramesh: I'm sorry Joe, I'm from Customer Service department.
Joe: I got to this chat session through the "support and learning" section of the site, whether you are "support" or "service" I'm getting little of either.
Ramesh: I'm sorry Joe.
Ramesh: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Joe: Apparently not.
Ramesh: Thank you for contacting Adobe. We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!

:frustrated:

Here is what I found on the forums-> http://forums.adobe.com/message/893338#893338 the last post is me. :rolleyes:

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Slurpee machine probably broke the same time as the chat request came in.

Slurpee's over customer support anyday!

MikePro

bleh, windows 7. that paired with Adobe dropping support for CS3 puts you in a pickle.
if you were on a Mac, I'd be able to help you out with a quick-fix.

on the other hand... do you bittorrent at all? I can get you a torrent file to DL the CS3 install package, and then instead of the attached instructions to "crack and unlock" you can just use your serial# to activate it legitimately.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Would have been way easier for Ramesh to say that CS3 is no longer supported... bad Adobe...

HDvinyl

Trump 2020

Attachments

• aaaa.JPG
    aaaa.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 75

Joe Diaz

bleh, windows 7. that paired with Adobe dropping support for CS3 puts you in a pickle.
if you were on a Mac, I'd be able to help you out with a quick-fix.

on the other hand... do you bittorrent at all? I can get you a torrent file to DL the CS3 install package, and then instead of the attached instructions to "crack and unlock" you can just use your serial# to activate it legitimately.

Mike, I didn't realize the history of bad problems with CS3 and Win7, but that got me thinking. I'm going to try installing it on a different computer here in the office that still has Vista on it. If it doesn't work, I may take you up on your offer.

I would prefer to have it on my own workstation, but since I don't use it as much anymore, I can make due with it on a different computer.

MikePro

I would prefer to have it on my own workstation, but since I don't use it as much anymore, I can make due with it on a different computer.

maybe setup a remote desktop and just let it run on another computer, but be controlled by your computer?

I've been using 2x RDP software to control my wide-format printer computer in another room (windows xp) with my MacPro (MacOS) for a couple of weeks now and LOVE IT! No more setting up file, saving on network, walking into other room, opening and setting up and hitting print... etc.

I've also got it setup to be controlled by my iPad when I want to take my work into the "library" with me (that's our office's "slang" for bathroom)

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Adobe customer support? What customer support?

They get you in a chat room, then do nothing to solve the problem and just point you back to their support page -which basically leads you to the forums where anyone in the "peanut gallery" can just spit-ball the problem

Dealing with that this morning. All my 64-bit CS6 apps won't launch. Just tried to do back up to a system restore point from 2 days ago. That didn't work. So I'm going to have to back up all my stuff and do a factory reset to clear up the problem.
:banghead:

Joe Diaz

Big thank you to MikePRO it must have been windows 7, you would think tech support (I'm sorry "customer service":rolleyes:) could have told me that there could be an issue with running it on windows 7. It's funny that you have to go to a sign making forum to get proper technical support these days. (Although I still wish I could install it on my workstation. Oh well. Maybe I'll run across a solution one of these days.

:signs101::U Rock:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I see your point but how long should a company reasonably try to support a 6 year old program that has had 3 major releases since? Plus on an operating system that was not even out until 3 years after when the program was made?

I do agree, the guy should have just told you "sorry, this is not supported under Windows 7" and wished you luck to save wasting both your and his time.

Joe Diaz

I see your point but how long should a company reasonably try to support a 6 year old program that has had 3 major releases since? Plus on an operating system that was not even out until 3 years after when the program was made?

I do agree, the guy should have just told you "sorry, this is not supported under Windows 7" and wished you luck to save wasting both your and his time.

I can understand it not being supported on windows 8 how ever many years later and one OS removed, but like you said when win 7 came out CS3 was only 3 years old. I can't be the only one who is or was trying to use CS3 on windows 7. I did look for answers online long before I contacted them. Believe me, contacting support was my last resort. If it's a common problem, have a solution in the faq section.

Also, it's not like I'm asking them to walk me through using the software, I just want to be able to start it up. I don't think I'm asking too much. The amount of money we pay for software these days??? they can do a better job than that.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
To be fair I had seen numerous discussion threads in the Adobe user forums About Adobe CS3 applications and compatibility issues with 64-bit operating systems.

The first threads I saw involved Windows XP x64 Edition (it caused issues with Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Adobe Type Manager and some other apps). I remember seeing warnings about CS3 compatibility with Windows Vista and then Windows 7. I remembered those discussions when I had to buy a new notebook computer. I just went ahead and upgraded my Adobe CS3 license up to CS5.5 at that point.

The nonsense I'm putting up with today on my office desktop machine I an entirely different issue. Both the OS and the Creative Suite are of the latest builds. But something caused them not to get along with each other. So now I'm dealing with one of the biggest downsides to Creative Cloud: downloading those huge install files.