• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ads?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Is anyone else getting ads that pop up and block the screen? It happens to me on mobile when looking at the pictures.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
There's a solution for that.

I understand that the adds keep the forums alive.
But how many people want to pay $80-$120 for a yearly membership?

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Haven't had those ad problems that you have but I find this super annoying.
Some ads (red) spread wider than the page layout and that adds this extra white space on the right.
When you try to scroll the page up/down and move your finger sideways it always goes there to the right.......

Now that we are at it.... Two ads on top of the page, just pure pissing off people.
I don't mind one ad and "supporting" in that way but two....

1627017670800.png

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Haven't had those ad problems that you have but I find this super annoying.
Some ads (red) spread wider than the page layout and that adds this extra white space on the right.
When you try to scroll the page up/down and move your finger sideways it always goes there to the right.......

Now that we are at it.... Two ads on top of the page, just pure pissing off people.
I don't mind one ad and "supporting" in that way but two....

View attachment 154624
Yeah that's frustrating. i thought the issue got resolved though when they changed the forum platform. seems fine on in an iphone 12 with both chrome and safari

Johnny Best

I do not have the ads blocking things out. Mac user on Chrome, maybe that has something to do with it.
I miss Robert and his ads. I think the Taliban hired him to run their drone program.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I do not have the ads blocking things out. Mac user on Chrome, maybe that has something to do with it.
I miss Robert and his ads. I think the Taliban hired him to run their drone program.
Last i heard he's doing his sign videos

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I believe it was on mobile.

He still doing the Drone thing? seems like a new venture every few months

ikarasu

Bumping because I was browsing on my phone... Saw a cool image I wanted to look at only to be met with an ad. Then you click the ad... Or even x to get it to go away... it pops up a block the same size telling you who's supplying the ads. It's impossible to get rid of it, so it makes browsing the gallery useless on the phone.

And what's more insulting is when you think that you'll outsmart the dumb ad and go into landscape mode to see the photo... It clings itself to the photo in landscape mode and blocks out even more :roflmao:

It does it to every single photo - not sure if its widespread on all mobile... Or it just doesn't like the resolution of the S21 series phones. I dont mins ads, but can it be moved to a different frame instead of latching onto the photo?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220913-195351_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220913-195351_Chrome.jpg
    921.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20220913-195401_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220913-195401_Chrome.jpg
    879.6 KB · Views: 71

netsol

Premium Subscriber
the site has sucked, FOR OVER A YEAR NOW.
the ads aren't unmanageable on my ipads, but, the older one keeps pestering me to load thatbstupid tap a talk app. it doesn't load right, AND THERE IS NO, SAYING "NO"

when i use my surface tablets, you can barely locate site content, between all the ads

this is why i rarely post anymore...

WildWestDesigns

Sinkhole. Either via a Pi or via the hosts file. Now not all system hosts files are created equal, so there is that, but for those that don't want to deal with a Pi either only a couple of systems to worry about or just don't want to deal with it period, it is an option.

garyroy

I used to tell my kids growing up "Remember your not watching television shows, your watching advertisements, and once in a while they
air a television show". It's all about the advert $$$. :roflmao: